Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom Dyno Tuning- Locals!

Did you guys know we do custom dyno tunes here at CP-E?

In my opinion, dyno tuning is THE way to tune your car. No waiting for revisions, or emails or troubleshooting. Here at CP-E we have a Mustang AWD dyno fully equipped with 80mph fans and we are a certified COBB Pro-Tuner. Many of our tunes are the safest AND the most powerful on the market. Our tuner is well known for his tuning and race support services throughout the country.

The engine calibration is the MOST important modification that you will do to your car, so you should do it right the first time and it should be specific to YOUR car.

Check out our tuning page here:

http://cp-e.com/dyno.html

Any questions or inquiries feel free to shoot me an email at install@cp-e.com

We are located in Beltsville and also support several standalone management applications as well as Ford, Subaru, Mazda, and BMW for COBB AP.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I agree that dyno tuning is better than E-tuning for sure. On the flip-side... I'd prefer the polishing of the tune to be done in BFE or at a race track because, its impossible to make a dyno load a car just like it does going down the road, then of course, you have the air flow across the intercooler that starts slow, then has a massive amount.

If I had my choice, I'd do a dyno tune over a E-tune anyday.

me32

1000 Post Club
I agree. Just no places in my area to get tuned for the ST.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
I agree that dyno tuning is better than E-tuning for sure. On the flip-side... I'd prefer the polishing of the tune to be done in BFE or at a race track because, its impossible to make a dyno load a car just like it does going down the road, then of course, you have the air flow across the intercooler that starts slow, then has a massive amount.

If I had my choice, I'd do a dyno tune over a E-tune anyday.
While I agree, the mustang dyno has many features that makes it a great tuning dyno. You can hold any load and any speed. It also loads the vehicle based on different calibrations including HP@50 (amount of power it needs to put out to keep a constant 50mph). While there is nothing the same as the track, the mustang dyno does a pretty great job at simulating. The idea tune would be done mostly on the dyno and tweaked slightly at the track.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
While I agree, the mustang dyno has many features that makes it a great tuning dyno. You can hold any load and any speed. It also loads the vehicle based on different calibrations including HP@50 (amount of power it needs to put out to keep a constant 50mph). While there is nothing the same as the track, the mustang dyno does a pretty great job at simulating. The idea tune would be done mostly on the dyno and tweaked slightly at the track.
All good points :)
Mustang dynos are great for tuning

JasonHaven

When you say you do custom tunes, does that mean you take requests for what type of power we'd like? I know a lot of people are obsessed with peak power, sometimes at the sake of low end responsiveness, but for me personally, I prefer a more linear/responsive power curve, even if it means a lower peak number. My biggest beef with the FiST engine at times is that it feels like it kind of bogs at lower RPMs.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My biggest beef with the FiST engine at times is that it feels like it kind of bogs at lower RPMs.
With the right mods and right fuel.... I think the little 1.6L could change the way you feel about the low rpm power, lol

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
With the right mods and right fuel.... I think the little 1.6L could change the way you feel about the low rpm power, lol

For those of you with your mouth open.. Yea... That's 210-220ft lbs of torque at 2,000rpm. That's 200ft lbs of torque at 1750rpm. And yes.... That's a peak of 354ft lbs around 2700-2800rpm.
Very bad for your engine. Also... VERY FUN. Lol

JasonHaven

I have a feeling part of it is also this stupid summer weather too haha. What fuel is that? I doubt I'll be using anything fancier than 93, personally. Edit: Just saw your mods/cyborg stuff. You're a bit more extreme than what I'm thinking :p

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Actually; that is on E40 fuel and a stock turbo unit. The cyborg will never make that kind of torque that early. That's a stock turbo on 29.4psi with all the ported manifold/turbine housing stuff, big air inlet, efr modded wastegate and stock air intake. The cyborg doesn't even make 17-21psi until 3,000rpm. But the point is more that, with the right mods, right tuning, and fuel you can def make the 1.6L responsive.

Throttle mapping is a good size factor in the way the car drives too. People drive around after a pro-tune saying "ole gosh, it has way less lag, and its so much more responsive". But if they would watch the "actual throttle pos" in the access port, they might find that 60-70% foot throttle actually has the car going WOT to spool the turbo before it naturally backs its self off. A lot of the lag is built into the tune from ford ( and cobb to a lesser extent ). A tuner just using software/tune can def wake it up somemore. Upgrading the wastegate from me or the turbosmart one MAP sells will force the turbo to spool no matter what the ecu wants, just have to make sure the car knows its coming because if not, the ecu will just shut the throttle from the extra "load" added.

Ok ok... CP-e likely just means you can ask for super aggressive boost and throttle in your tune or more power or all kinds of variables suited to what you want vs the "one size fits all" that cobb is forced to use in their tunes.

And yes.... Man.... The heat really really really effects these cars. Only the focus ST maybe effected more than us.

OP
M
Thread Starter #15
When you say you do custom tunes, does that mean you take requests for what type of power we'd like? I know a lot of people are obsessed with peak power, sometimes at the sake of low end responsiveness, but for me personally, I prefer a more linear/responsive power curve, even if it means a lower peak number. My biggest beef with the FiST engine at times is that it feels like it kind of bogs at lower RPMs.
Custom is more referring to the fact that it is for your car and your modifications exactly because we do it with your car on the dyno. However, in response to your question, our tuner is happy to oblige any special requests in terms of how you want to the car to drive and respond and we can tune on any gas you want. We have methanol and 116 on site.

We do not go for peak power numbers or dyno bragging rights. Our tunes are all about making the car perform well, perform safely, and to improve driving experience.

Send me an email and we can talk about this some more.

OP
M
Thread Starter #16
For those of you with your mouth open.. Yea... That's 210-220ft lbs of torque at 2,000rpm. That's 200ft lbs of torque at 1750rpm. And yes.... That's a peak of 354ft lbs around 2700-2800rpm.
Very bad for your engine. Also... VERY FUN. Lol
Wow. Nice curve. I usually start the dyno at 2200rpm (2500 rpm for cars that don't make peak torque ridiculously early) for these cars so I haven't really seen that part of the curve.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I normally start my logs at 1500rpm with the cyborg, just to map out the way it comes on, but that being said, I wouldn't start a stock turbo log that early normally, only reason I even have this is that I was swapping to and from a stock turbo to a cyborg to a stock turbo to a cyborg back and forth to optimize the turbine clip. I made this pull on a cyborg tune just to see what it would do. I was pretty impressed. In fact... It had a good amount of power left on the table; ai just didn't bother because the cyborg would be back on in a few days and I'd have a car that is actually quick again, instead of one that feels quick, but can't actually races past the point of wheel spin, lol

JasonHaven

Custom is more referring to the fact that it is for your car and your modifications exactly because we do it with your car on the dyno. However, in response to your question, our tuner is happy to oblige any special requests in terms of how you want to the car to drive and respond and we can tune on any gas you want. We have methanol and 116 on site.

We do not go for peak power numbers or dyno bragging rights. Our tunes are all about making the car perform well, perform safely, and to improve driving experience.

Send me an email and we can talk about this some more.
That's basically all I need to know, thanks Mitch :D