Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Custom short shifter

Trader history for grey fist (0)

"Boomba" style. 3/4 inch extension yields approx. 25% throw reduction. Bonded with aerospace structural adhesive, have had one on my car for 8k miles with no issues. Boomba instructions/video for install. Available in choice of 2 options: shift lever only or shifter assembly. Had spare shifter that I was going to sell separately but decided to swap in the modded lever. Only selling the one lever for now can take it back apart if you prefer to DIY. It really is a PITA to do the lever swap the first time though. Reason I had the spare, bought as backup in case I broke something. Lever only $100 shipped, complete assembly $140 shipped.

Fab thread: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/diy-shortshifter.21895/

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
G
Thread Starter #2
Have no idea where market price might be on this as it's one-off. Make offer if interested.

OP
G
Thread Starter #4
Not ready to go that low yet, check back if I still have it in a couple weeks.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
If I didn’t have a Coolerworx, I’d have bought this. Before the Coolerworx I had the Mountune SS along with the Boomba kit. I HATED the bent Boomba arm which is why I sold it and bought the Coolerworx. Your extension is perfect for those that don’t want to drop the coin on a Coolerworx. $125 is a little steep but it’s worth at least $80 to me.. Good luck.

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
Yeah, part of the reason I did this. Figured the extra 15 degree bend of the Boomba would only benefit 5th gear, all others lever would be too close to the console.

Last edited:
OP
G
Thread Starter #9
SOLD.

I have 1 more lever and parts to make another. And now have a better idea what the market is. Would take a couple days to make it, will do it for $75 shipped. PM if interested.

OP
G
Thread Starter #14
Both levers SOLD. Just wanted to leave a note on the thread that I can make more if there is interest. Send me a lever and I can mod it, or alternatively I could source a new assembly from Ford. PM if interested.

OP
G
Thread Starter #17
It's simple geometry change, doesn't matter if you do it at shifter or transmission end, limitations to either approach. Limit at shifter end is cable angle, limit at transmission is interference, either approach yields approach approx. 25% reduction, mine went from approx. 4 1/2'" to 3 1/2" travel. There are some cheap adapters out there so no real cost advantage, benefit to this is stealth, looks factory and no ugly adapter hanging off the shift selector.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
46C12798-D992-4EBA-AE61-D5399A0CBD20.jpeg EA68D47C-ECE5-4C82-A3B2-23A85EA1D2A2.jpeg

Installed this today. Install was super straightforward following Boomba’s instructions. Installed Lathewerks titanium reverse lockout to match the extension while I was at it and only took about an hour in total.

Feels rock solid and moves smooth, feels same as stock just with a shorter throw. Didn’t measure or anything but paired with Mountune adapter, the throw distance feels great.

I know this is an old thread, but I would be interested in purchasing one of these full assemblies. I currently have a mountune shift plate in and I don't want to attempt to remove it, but I want to upgrade to something close to coolerworx style And I think this might hit the spot. Any information on how I can get one of these would be greatly appreciated.