Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Damond now makes a RMM. UPDATE: Passenger too 3/2021

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
From an email I just received.

Product Details

• Replaces the factory rear motor mount, to drastically reduce engine/powertrain movement.
  • Improved shift and clutch engagement feel, along with a massive reduction in wheel hop.
  • Made in the USA using bushings sourced from the market leader of polyurethane bushings.
  • Designed to strike the perfect balance between racecar and daily-driveability.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Hmm...the mazdaspeed community was swooning over DM products last I remember. I remember with their short throw shift plate that instead of focusing on simply shortening the throw, they instead focused on refining shift feel compared to stock and got high praise for it.

Erick_V

Hmm...the mazdaspeed community was swooning over DM products last I remember. I remember with their short throw shift plate that instead of focusing on simply shortening the throw, they instead focused on refining shift feel compared to stock and got high praise for it.
I had their RMM, EGR Plate and OCC on my Gen 2 Mazdaspeed3 and loved their stuff. I'm running their OCC on the FiST now. If the RMM is as good on this car as it was on my Speed3 I'm really thinking of getting this. It did an amazing job keeping the motor in place and added hardly any NVH once it was settled in.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I've been fine with my stock RMM. But I'd consider a DM if I ever pull the trigger on an S280.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They seem to be 're-inventing the wheel' with this new piece.

I wonder how it compares to the Vibra-Technics, CP-E, Turbo Tech Racing, and all of the other aftermarket full/complete passenger side mounts, as far as NVH vs. motion control goes. [dunno]

Now they also need to make a driver's side mount as well. [wink]

Just installed it. Haven't driven yet, need to correct an exhaust rattle. I had the Powerflex black insert and ARP bolt. It was a little too rattly for my taste.
I don't know about the other brands that make this mount, but this one is built like a tank. Beefy!!

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Keep us informed, as for me, it is between this one and the Vibra-Technics fast road when I do change out the stockers. [wink] [thumb]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
ya I want to know as well I am ready to move on from the Powerflex insert. this is quite interesting and it looks like it should do the job and not cause any NVH.

Business6

I haven't looked at it yet but I'm pretty sure my passenger mount is toast. Certainly interested in feedback on this mount.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Just installed it. Haven't driven yet, need to correct an exhaust rattle. I had the Powerflex black insert and ARP bolt. It was a little too rattly for my taste.
I don't know about the other brands that make this mount, but this one is built like a tank. Beefy!!
discussed in the FB groups a few times
the Damond mount pivots in the same direction of the engine movement, not sure why
look at the differences
TTR pass side engine mount.JPG
vibra mounts pass side.JPG

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Any feedback on how the mount feels? Did you do anything to the driver's side mount? Was thinking I might do a damond passenger mount with a powerflex insert on the driver side. Emailed damond and asked if they planned to make a drivers side. I'll post here if and when I get a response.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
discussed in the FB groups a few times
the Damond mount pivots in the same direction of the engine movement, not sure why
look at the differences
View attachment 39531
View attachment 39532
Thought about this for a bit I kinda see where they are going with this. They are addressing the Torque axis side to side big time mounting it this way. Think about your RMM why is it there to absorb the TQ axis any engine mounted sideways exhibits. . So while we have mounts that do absorb the TQ axis some by being mounted front to back because the engine is mounted longitude vs latitude . A engine placed front to back with mounts on either side will have a lot more TQ axis absorbed by the mounts even vertically as they are usually placed vertically at angle to the engine for max absorbation.

Hence why we have a RMM to take up some of the slack of the woefully inadequate engine mounts. Now on low HP FWD engines its not a big deal but on High HP it is . So Damond motorsports said lets place a larger mount horizontal rather than vertical to absorb that side to side TQ that the RMM has to handle as well. It can contain more urethane to absorb more and handle the TQ better than a vertical mount. Not to say a stiff vertical mount can work but usually causes some NVH while the Damond motorsports design at least by looking at it would aborb more NVH than the vertical design would.
Think about it. I bet it helps with Torque steer a lot.

Last edited:

Sam4

Yeah, just got their email about this.

IF/when I change out the CP-E RMM, it will be to a high durometer rubber bushed, Vibra-Technics 'fast road' one from Ron. [thumb] [wink]
aaaaand just finished changing all 3 to vibratechnics - awesome. But I've snapped the bracket bolts (seen in picture), and the exhaust system noise (age related too?) is horrendous.