Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Damond OCC issue

I installed my CC at my first oil change @ 1250km. Now I made my 5000km oil change (so basically I put 2500 miles on it) and tried to drain the CC only to see it was bone dry. I took it off and the drain valve, took a Q-tip to scrape it inside and indeed, no oil at all. I noticed oily residue on my Boomba BOV adapter so I unpluged the hot side rubber coupler and it was dripping oil.... I installed the CC per the instructions. The line with the check valve on the top port of the CC to the port on the manifold and the lowest port of the CC to the valve cover port. The check valve is working but I'm not really sure that it's the right way: I can blow through the line that has the check valve (so at the manifold) but can't in the straight trough line (at the valve cover). Normally you want the excess of pressure of the valve cover to be sucked by the manifold vaccuum and block the boost pressure of the turbo from going to the valve cover, right?. If I remember correctly the hose with the check valve was already preinstalled, I only plugged it to the top port of the CC.

For now I installed the stock line to be sure not to screw anything.

OP
Alkoran
Thread Starter #2
Nope, no codes and no oil seeping from the valve cover gasket like I read some had. I guess I will have to take off the protective sleeving which are a PITA to remove/install. I sent an email to Damond to check with them. I just hope that it did not mess anything up.

Edit: Well seems like the valve is backward like we thought. Wow, there's only 1 thing to to mess up when building those thing and they fucked it up. And there's no picture or not in their instruction page to check this bit.

OP
Alkoran
Thread Starter #3
In my communication with them I suggested they add a note about the checking the orientation of the valve. Seems like they did it and rather swiftly I must say. I hope I'm the last with that issue!

Spork1569

Did/do you have any codes? Verify that the arrow on the bronze check valve is pointing toward the intake plenum (the "manifold") and NOT toward the catch can, as this is most likely the culprit. I've read about another guy that received a Damond OCC with a check valve installed backwards. Also verify that the lines are not kinked. Very odd that you got absolutely nothing out of the can. Every 3k I drain about 150-250cc of fluid, though it depends on the weather (cold weather results in more condensation than oil).

If you cannot find anything wrong with the lines, it could be the can itself, unlikely as that may be. In that case, contact Damond Motorsports.
I just bought a used can that has the arrows pointing towards the catch can, but the valve seems to be stuck on tight. Should I just brute force it or is there another way that I'm supposed to do it?

My attempt was by loosening the clamps and trying to wiggle the valve out.

Spork1569

Silicone spray or a light penetrating oil and a non-marring tool to pry (such as a nylon trim puller) should go a long way in freeing it.
Guess I have an excuse to head to the hardware store. Thanks for the quick reply Krug.

OP
Alkoran
Thread Starter #6
My valve was NPT threaded on both ends. I just unbolted the 2 nipples with the hoses from the valve, and switched them. Not sure why you would need to get the nipples adapter out of the hoses?

Spork1569

My valve was NPT threaded on both ends. I just unbolted the 2 nipples with the hoses from the valve, and switched them. Not sure why you would need to get the nipples adapter out of the hoses?
Well too late for me now. Some silicone spray and a few blisters and curse words later, the deed is done.