Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Darth Fiesta ST build

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
With that much boost he really should stay away from redline. [emoji846]
7200RPM is 120 up AND down piston motions per second -or- one up AND down motion in just 0.0083333333333333 of a second.
Maybe....

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
With that much boost he really should stay away from redline. ๐Ÿ™‚
7200RPM is 120 up AND down piston motions per second -or- one up AND down motion in just 0.0083333333333333 of a second.
Partially due to, and exacerbated by, a longer stroke than bore, under-square configuration, right from the factory.

These are definitely NOT 'screamer' engines, (especially if not fully 'built') and I personally would have a tuner set the redline, and boost/timing maps, to make all of the power well BELOW 7 grand if I ever go S280/BT, even if that left a few measly ponies on the table. [wink]

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #45
I am currently waiting on a set of Kรถnig Dekagram 16x8 still undecided on the tire I'm going to run on it though. Would like to keep it a bit taller than stock.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
One of the wider, 'gummier' 200 tread wear stickies in a 215/45-16 (RT660, Nankang NS-2R<- this one looks to be decent in the wet as well, going by the tread pattern, and might even fit in a 225/45-16 if you are not slammed) would work for you there.

(It almost never drops below 45*F there, ever, correct??)

Last edited:
One of the wider, 'gummier' 200 tread wear stickies in a 215/45-16 (RT660, Nankang NS-2R<- this one looks to be decent in the wet as well, going by the tread pattern, and might even fit in a 225/45-16 if you are not slammed) would work for you there.

(It almost never drops below 45*F there, ever, correct??)
Almost never gets to the 40s, probably once in a century up in the mountains. We are in the Caribbean ๐Ÿ˜Ž

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #51
Wow, it's been a while. Got a Cubby Hole Drawer, I'll post pics of it later. Other than that I'm kinda at a stand still with the ST. So far I've gotten to all of what I wanted from it and beyond. Only mods I could do now is a even bigger turbo or a tubular manifold. Not really sure what to do. It's been 7 years of ownership already, Time really flies.

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #52
So, I was tired of all the Drone that came with the MBRP and a friend decided to part out his car with recently intalled Thermal 3" exhaust on it. The price was good and I got a buyer for my MBRP before even deciding to buy the Thermal.

Honestly, I don't know why I didn't change it sooner. It has 0 drone going down at highway speeds and still burbles and has pops and bangs from time to time when it gets up to temp. Only draw back is that it doesn't sound as Mean as before. Also before installing I did order the 3" elbow from Whoosh that is did not have. Fit perfectly to the Whoosh V1 DP.

The MBRP exhaust
20221015_115907.jpg

The Thermal Exhaust
20221015_143046.jpg

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you want something totally bombproof, the Braid Fullrace As in 16x8 are the ticket, but yeah, sadly BIG$$$$$. [:(]

With your climate, and more importantly, the power you are putting to the wheels, I would go with one of the 200 tread wear 215/45-16s (I would suggest one of the sticky 225/45-16s, except for your Mountune springs, since that WILL rub, extensively [:(]).
Have to agree with the comment about the Braid wheels. I have a set and they are STRONG!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So, I was tired of all the Drone that came with the MBRP and a friend decided to part out his car with recently intalled Thermal 3" exhaust on it. The price was good and I got a buyer for my MBRP before even deciding to buy the Thermal.

Honestly, I don't know why I didn't change it sooner. It has 0 drone going down at highway speeds and still burbles and has pops and bangs from time to time when it gets up to temp. Only draw back is that it doesn't sound as Mean as before. Also before installing I did order the 3" elbow from Whoosh that is did not have. Fit perfectly to the Whoosh V1 DP.

The MBRP exhaust
View attachment 52066

The Thermal Exhaust
View attachment 52067
Shouldve ceramic coated it from Dp to the Tips* I did mine 40k ago and still looks like yesterday here In Mn!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk