Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dash Lights

Taz

What bulbs do the dash dials use, and are there LED equivalents? Also, as I'm hoping to eventually have everything glowing red, is there any way to change the colour of the trip meter?

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #4
As I recall, all are non-serviceable LEDs.
By that do you mean you can't change the bulbs? I've heard about something called "SMD conversions". From what I can tell those are LED kit conversions for car dashes?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I believe the auto manufacturers are required do it that way to prevent certain warning lights from being removed (like the airbag light for those who install a racing steering wheel/seats, and did not do the resistor mod to turn it off).

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #8
I believe the auto manufacturers are required do it that way to prevent certain warning lights from being removed (like the airbag light for those who install a racing steering wheel/seats, and did not do the resistor mod to turn it off).
So, it was done on purpose in order to prevent owners from modifying their dash bulbs? Well, at least it's been proven that you can do it.

SMD Conversion | GALLERY (sjconversions.co.uk)

I'll have to see if I can get it done professionally and without breaking the bank nearer the time.