Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Blower Motor

I've checked the fuse (fine), swapped the relay (problem persists)..I believe the motor resistor failing still results in certain fan speeds, I have no speeds available, so haven't checked that yet. Car was sitting for about 3 weeks when this occurred.

Save me oh mighty FiestaForum!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
IS there anyway to get at the PLUG for the Blower motor? If it is accessible you can take a 12v battery and apply direct power to the Blower motor. If it turns on then you know it may have a Short or the connector is toast. If it doesn't Turn on with Direct power id say they Blower motor itself is Toast.

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
IS there anyway to get at the PLUG for the Blower motor? If it is accessible you can take a 12v battery and apply direct power to the Blower motor. If it turns on then you know it may have a Short or the connector is toast. If it doesn't Turn on with Direct power id say they Blower motor itself is Toast.
Bit beyond my skill level I reckon. Funny for the blower just to die like that, always worked fine. Resistor is on my list to check.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bit beyond my skill level I reckon. Funny for the blower just to die like that, always worked fine. Resistor is on my list to check.
Blower motor resistors typically will lose setting 1...2....3....4....Then High will usually work until the Sun falls out of the sky. i am not sure if these have a Resistor or A/c Blower Modules. im leaning more towards a module as they all have Automatic temperature control. That could be a possibility the Module took a dump or like i said the connector fried on the module or blower motor. Keep us up to date with your findings!