Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Sound Symposer Delete Kit

Trader history for DHM (0)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #181
My bad. So the sensor that "turbo transformer" uses what one is that?
That is the "TIP" throttle inlet pressure but it's a tmap so it has a temp sensor for after intercooler temp.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #183
I too like Boomba's products.
However in this case the tapped hole is unnecessary.
Their product info is copied from their FoST part that mounts on the intake manifold side of the throttle plate.
On the FiST, the sound simposer is on the inlet side of the throttle plate.
This is just the wrong location for a boost gauge.

Dave
Yea it's not a great spot for anything really because it's not straight to the throttle body with that 90 deg bend after plus there is never any vacuum there so it won't work for catch can. Thus us making ours a solid plug. But if people want us to tap a hole for something we will!

Russ

I installed mine on Saturday. I will post pictures later (my work comp blocks all photo-sharing sites).

I will say this though. Everything was going smooth until i was removing the hose where the plug goes. I tried to lock the ring and it wouldn't lock. kept trying and trying.. then the freaking ring "handles" broke. So after much frustration, grabbed my trusty dremel and very carefully cut the ring with minor damage to said hose. don't plan on reinstalling the symposer anyways, so not concerned with the hose.

It sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better now!
thank you very much

Yeah, tried installing mine as well. I was able to get the clamp in the open position but the hose wouldn't budge. I could not even touch the clamp close to the symposer as the clamp "handles" were right underneath it. I had to move on with installing my bushings and short shifter plate. I'll revisit it some other time as it's not a must mod for me.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Shove two flat tip screwdrivers between the fitting and the hose and work them around the circumference. This will help you to break loose the hose from the fittings. Also, purchase a set of needle nose vise grip pliers to lock open the clamps and them move them off of the ends of the OEM hoses.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #190
Twist the box and hose and push down should break it right lose. Some cheap looking pliers will be your best friend.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #191
I installed mine on Saturday. I will post pictures later (my work comp blocks all photo-sharing sites).

I will say this though. Everything was going smooth until i was removing the hose where the plug goes. I tried to lock the ring and it wouldn't lock. kept trying and trying.. then the freaking ring "handles" broke. So after much frustration, grabbed my trusty dremel and very carefully cut the ring with minor damage to said hose. don't plan on reinstalling the symposer anyways, so not concerned with the hose.

It sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better now!
thank you very much
Crazy! I have never had one of those clamps break. Im glad you got it! Pic please!

Russ

Twist the box and hose and push down should break it right lose. Some cheap looking pliers will be your best friend.

Russ
Shove two flat tip screwdrivers between the fitting and the hose and work them around the circumference. This will help you to break loose the hose from the fittings. Also, purchase a set of needle nose vise grip pliers to lock open the clamps and them move them off of the ends of the OEM hoses.
Thanks for the tips! I'll keep these in mind for round 2.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #194
Got mine installed. Took 22 minutes.
I have to say, anyone with an exhaust will love this mod. The difference is amazing. No more drone!!!

here it is installed in mine. didn't take a pic after reinstalling everything

hard to make out but its the sticker

i hated that thing

(if its against forum rules, feel free to remove and i apologize)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #198
here it is installed in mine. didn't take a pic after reinstalling everything

hard to make out but its the sticker

i hated that thing

(if its against forum rules, feel free to remove and i apologize)
Thanks for the pictures!!! If you can pm me or link me to a good shot of the out side of the car i would love to post that on FB!

Thanks

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #199
Thank you guys for the feed back! Please dont forget to take a min and fill out a seller feed back. Link is in my profile if you are not sure how to get to it. Also for those that have not post pics get to! ;)

Russ