Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Sound Symposer Delete Kit

Trader history for DHM (0)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #201
Thank you guys for the Seller feed back!

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #203
OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #205
OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #210
Oh okay, cool. I might be ordering soon then. Still trying to decide.
What's there to decide? If you want to buy a full kit with everything you need or order from 3 diff places and drive around for something else you might need. 35 shipped for a full kit plug, 4-ply silicon hose, 2 stainless liner clamps, cap for the firewall side and even a zip tie to hold it. Plus detailed instructions and a decal. ;)

Russ

What's there to decide? If you want to buy a full kit with everything you need or order from 3 diff places and drive around for something else you might need. 35 shipped for a full kit plug, 4-ply silicon hose, 2 stainless liner clamps, cap for the firewall side and even a zip tie to hold it. Plus detailed instructions and a decal. ;)

Russ
Not to invade your thread, but Boomba also sells a kit that will provide you with everything you need to delete the symposer. Theirs doesn't require you to take out the entire battery box and EXU either. Just pointing out the differences [thumb]

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #212
Not to invade your thread, but Boomba also sells a kit that will provide you with everything you need to delete the symposer. Theirs doesn't require you to take out the entire battery box and EXU either. Just pointing out the differences [thumb]
The differences have already been stated twice. There kit is to delete the box only. Also you can get to the hose from under the car and do not have to remove the battery. But if want to remove the battery it is pretty simple. Also there kit you have to use the factory hose going to the charge pipe. Also it is 31 plus shipping which is 6-8 dollars. Like I said the differences have been posted several times now.

Back on topic

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #214
Plugs are back in stock! They come back from laser and will be ready to ship in two days!!!

Russ

Chris G

The debate makes me chuckle a little bit. The bottom line is there is a kit to match whatever you want. If you want one that deletes the symposer and the hose that runs from the symposer to the firewall, then get the Dead Hook kit. If you are okay with just removing the symposer and leaving the hose in your engine bay ziptied up and away, then get the Boomba kit. Other than that, they're really both the same. I think it's awesome that we have two vendors making a similar product that meets whatever criteria we are looking for.

[twothumb]

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
The debate makes me chuckle a little bit. The bottom line is there is a kit to match whatever you want. If you want one that deletes the symposer and the hose that runs from the symposer to the firewall, then get the Dead Hook kit. If you are okay with just removing the symposer and leaving the hose in your engine bay ziptied up and away, then get the Boomba kit. Other than that, they're really both the same. I think it's awesome that we have two vendors making a similar product that meets whatever criteria we are looking for.

[twothumb]
Yep and thanks! Ours is 35 shipped while there's is 35 plus shipping! That's 6-8 more dollars in your pocket!

Russ

Finally got the delete installed. Took all of 10-15 minutes to get the symposer and hose removed. I used small vice grips. Removed symposer box first then lower clamp and hose before installing new hose and plug. Getting the box out the way first makes things way easier. Still need to plug off the hose into the firewall. It's low on my list of priorities right now.

also got the delete kit installed with a simple needle nose pliers. For capping the 90 degree elbow by the firewall, I didn't bother removing battery and the ecu plug... I just reached down for the elbow and unhooked the hose easily.

Now I hear moar exhaust!! Thanks again!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #219
Finally got the delete installed. Took all of 10-15 minutes to get the symposer and hose removed. I used small vice grips. Removed symposer box first then lower clamp and hose before installing new hose and plug. Getting the box out the way first makes things way easier. Still need to plug off the hose into the firewall. It's low on my list of priorities right now.
also got the delete kit installed with a simple needle nose pliers. For capping the 90 degree elbow by the firewall, I didn't bother removing battery and the ecu plug... I just reached down for the elbow and unhooked the hose easily.

Now I hear moar exhaust!! Thanks again!
Good to hear guys! Make sure you post some pics I can share on our facebook page! Also if you want leave seller feed back.

Thank you

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #220

Just a quick update! We are adding RED to our line up! (Note these have not been laser etched yet) Making black, green and red as options! Also the limited GOLD for Fiesta of the month awards!

Russ