Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Depo Euro Style Headlight Woo's

From what I read, the Depo headlights don't have the permaseal on them. But I guess I will find out real quick.
Yeah I remember reading they were easier to split open than the OEM reflector lamps. I could be wrong. Id offer to send you my spare light that I had but I tossed that sucker in the trash when I sold my Fiesta that had the TYC lamps.

OP
Exceptions1187
Thread Starter #42
Would be great is I knew the projector size before I opening them up. Just so I can get all the parts before proceeding.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Update - seller refunded me 30% of the purchase price which will cover the cost of the replacement LED strips not including the labor. Better then nothing. I will provide pics after my retrofitter is done.

OP
Exceptions1187
Thread Starter #44
Yeah I just received my 30% refund. I'll probably just take apart the head lights myself and replace the strip. Would be cheaper and shouldn't be too hard.

OP
Exceptions1187
Thread Starter #47
Retrofitter sent some photos of the new switch back mounted.
That is a beaut. Will be collecting the necessary stuff when I get back from Georgia. Could you ask the retrofitter the size of the Projector? That would be amazing lol. Cant tell the millimeters of the projector without taking it apart first.

How much does it roughly cost to have an led strip and projectors retrofitted? Or do they normally fit HIDs?
Most of the cost is labor so if your splitting the headlights to replace the led strip you might as well upgrade the projectors while your at it. So cost is dependent on your local market. PM me if you need more info.

OP
Exceptions1187
Thread Starter #52
Most of the cost is labor so if your splitting the headlights to replace the led strip you might as well upgrade the projectors while your at it. So cost is dependent on your local market. PM me if you need more info.
A place in Jersey quoted me 1200 for demon eye, drls, halos, and projectors a few months ago. I'll open them up myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Depo I have are definitely superior quality to the OEM ones, at least over our factory reflectors which are junk. Also, Depo has been around forever, they even are a favorite in the BMW community to avoid paying outrageous OEM costs. Don't take one story of how one had bad DRL's as anything remotely close to common, especially when I'm not sure why he had to modify anything to kill his warranty, the H7's clip directly in, that's why they call for an H7, they are a direct fit.
Did not know that...

BMW guys are known to be a bit cheap though! (kidding)

I will agree though, for every negative review there's more out there that haven't left a review with lights that work right. I'll probably look into Depo's once I build the motor for my Mustang.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Did not know that...

BMW guys are known to be a bit cheap though! (kidding)

I will agree though, for every negative review there's more out there that haven't left a review with lights that work right. I'll probably look into Depo's once I build the motor for my Mustang.
Heh certain BMW guys are, there are ton of them that would not.
Ya BMW guys cheap? Thats a laugh while we FIesta guys stick XXR’s, Rota’s etc.. on our cars they are putting on Ray’s Volks, BBS, Hartge etc..
You guys might as well quite in relying on saying because BMW guys use Depo they are good. BMW Guys do not fool themselves they know Depos are cheap glass replacement of the OEM Euros and are just a notch nicer looking than the factory plastic we got stock with on U.S. spec cars.
I have been in that world for a minute or two as I have owned 2 M3’s still have one of them.

I purchased my DEPO Black Housing headlights last year in November from a eBay seller from Poland. I made my own VirtualRonin headlight adapter in advance waiting on shipping delivery. After installation, everything worked perfect, for 5 minutes. My passenger side LED bar burned out. After a few hours of troubleshooting and hooking up the wires that power the LED strip directly to a 12V power source and getting no light, I knew it was dead. I've been wanting to split the headlight open to take a look at the LED circuitboard and see if I can further trooubleshoot the circuit with a multimeter and see if it was just some shoddy soldering from the factory that needs to be touched up or maybe some other circuit components that need replacing. In either case, has anyone opened up the DEPO headlights themselves and can share their experience on how they did it? My oven isn't big enough for the headlight, and i'm not a fan of heating the whole headlight up to those temperatures or using a heat gun. I was thinking of going the hot knife route. Additionally while I have the headlight split open, I was going to replace the projectors with a pair of Morimoto 4LT-R projectors. If all else fails with fixing the LED circuitboard, I think the Diode Dynamics LED strips are a good idea.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
OP, sorry I didn't responses since a couple of months ago, I'm pretty sure 2.5" projectors is what people use, did the 70mm (2.75") work out for you? Those switchbacks look great! What's interesting is that come to find out, the whole harness isn't needed for auto low/high DRL's, you just provide power to BOTH the low and high pins at the same time with an Add a Circuit!