Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DEPO OEM-Style Projector Headlamps -- Any interest?

OP
T
Thread Starter #165
How? And was it worth? Where did you get them?
Working with the seller to get more of them for you guys who want to pony up the money. It's a seller in the UK. Like new OEM housings (not brand spankin new but who cares) including shipping for $453 at the current exchange rate.

My retrofit was a lot less than that using the stock housings.
I was considering cost of a second set of lamps.

Just the retrofit I'm sure you got everything fairly cheap. Working for TRS and all lol.

Good to hear we may still have another avenue to get some kind of projector headlights especially OEM.

Projectors from the German FiST. They have the correct cutoff but are not DOT approved. But who cares?
Yeah, those have always been available. I was just pointing out that the ST200 does not bring a better option to USDM owners than the extant RHD Euro projector housings. Those are the RHD Euro projector housings.

And while not everyone cares about being street legal with their mods, some do.

SFP

Working with the seller to get more of them for you guys who want to pony up the money. It's a seller in the UK. Like new OEM housings (not brand spankin new but who cares) including shipping for $453 at the current exchange rate.
Keep me up to date on this! If they are a LHD projector or a basic swap to a Mini setup it would be amazing!

OP
T
Thread Starter #173
Sweet, Care to do another set down the road? I'm kinda worried bout opening them up and screwing it up!
Nope! haha. Only do it for myself unfortunately. Can definitely recommend a shop to do it though!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did anyone ever figure out the headlamp motor thing if they were not correctly aimed? How to actuate the motors to move them?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I think on reddit that I read some people were ordering used headlight switches from the UK to and temporarily custom wiring them to our cars to electrically change the levels of the light. I'm considering going the projector route so I'll be researching this if I do.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Did anyone ever figure out the headlamp motor thing if they were not correctly aimed? How to actuate the motors to move them?
I think on reddit that I read some people were ordering used headlight switches from the UK to and temporarily custom wiring them to our cars to electrically change the levels of the light. I'm considering going the projector route so I'll be researching this if I do.
From what I understand, it's the TYC that possibly can come with them aimed too far up or down beyond the range of the adjustment screw and indeed, that's the solution, is to get a used euro/UK/world headlight switch and hook it up once and they will level... I'm willing to roll the dice with these Depo that are known to be a step up from TYC and see what happens!

headlight.JPG

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
From what I understand, it's the TYC that possibly can come with them aimed too far up or down beyond the range of the adjustment screw and indeed, that's the solution, is to get a used euro/UK/world headlight switch and hook it up once and they will level... I'm willing to roll the dice with these Depo that are known to be a step up from TYC and see what happens!

View attachment 20202
I've eyed these up a couple of times....let us know what you think!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Those Hella’s would be tight but the left hand drive version has the price jacked through the ceiling.

They are pretty equivelent or better than stock though .Hella is good lighting company.
Oh and why does Depo only have the black case ones without DRL?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Those Hella’s would be tight if they had the DRL LED . They are pretty equivelent or better than stock.Hella is good lighting company.
Oh and why does Depo only have the black case ones without DRL?
Seems like none of the black ones have the DRL, but the $301 Hella's do have the LED's, but at that point that is about as expensive as the Euro OEM's and I hear Hella may be the manufacturer anyway, just depends on how much you want to spend and where... It's just that I'm on a budget and I hear that Depo are very good for the money and if all else fails stock replacements are cheap too, like $110-120 for certified aftermarket. My factory ones are way too beat up from trying many different bulbs and I even broke out the bulb holding section on the driver side when a cord got caught and have a bulb placed in there with caulking, LOL.