Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did you know your Fiesta ST could.....("secret" features thread)

Which is also the 'science' behind Rainex! GoFaster!!
When my windshield is rainex to all Heck I never gotta turn the wipers on at highway speeds lol. Also I gotta check out some of these features I haven't messed with. I only use the voice commands to make phone calls usually to my wife and well...
Me:"Call my f***ing wife" (the way she put her number in my phone lmao).
Car:"Calling your F***ING!!!wife". It really does a great job of over emphasizing swears😂😂😂😂.

“ Found out something today on my 17, it auto matches revs on up shifts, as in if you're doing 40 in 3rd, and push in the clutch, it will drop down to the exact revs required for 4th gear. It only does the next gear so skipping, IE 3-5, doesn't work”

Here’s the post - how to disable auto rev match for upshifts?
If you have an accessport, a tuner can disable it. You can also check if you're able to do it with forscan

DEss

haste

1000 Post Club
I like the rev match during upshift. My tuner had it automatically disabled in his tune and I asked him to reenable it. I never skip gears and sometimes I lazy shift. Plus, it's really nice for the wife who doesn't have quite as much experience with driving a manual transmission.

It honestly took me a couple days of driving with the new tune before I noticed it was disabled. The FiST has a wonderful clutch/trans setup.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I like the rev match during upshift. My tuner had it automatically disabled in his tune and I asked him to reenable it. I never skip gears and sometimes I lazy shift. Plus, it's really nice for the wife who doesn't have quite as much experience with driving a manual transmission.

It honestly took me a couple days of driving with the new tune before I noticed it was disabled. The FiST has a wonderful clutch/trans setup.
I don't know about it being wonderful* But it's ok I guess. Wonderful is pushing the envelope.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
There's a hook on each side of the hatch under where the shelf sits that you can secure the handles of a plastic grocery bag on. "A small, insignificant thing," you might think, but you'll appreciate it when you're whipping this little go-kart around a turn and your groceries aren't flying all around in the back.
PXL_20221118_170329626.jpg
PXL_20221118_170318130.jpg

Senior confession, I may have posted this earlier on this thread if anybody reads the whole thing, but if I did it was a couple years ago, and most people probably won't read the whole thread.

Last edited:
There's a hook on each side of the hatch under where the shelf sits that you can secure the handles of a plastic grocery bag on. "A small, insignificant thing," you might think, but you'll appreciate it when you're whipping this little go-kart around a turn and your groceries aren't flying all around in the back.
View attachment 52650
View attachment 52651
Things I forget to use for 100 Aleck. Killed a whole gallon of milk that one time I don't use the hooks lol. Glad I had the big rubber mat in the back clean up wasnt bad.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Reread this entire thread and somehow this didn't make it into it.
BTW, including myself of course, I apologize on behalf of everyone for all the off-topic banter.

Sync3 Diagnostic Menu:
1) Turn on Radio
2) Simultaneously press and hold: EJECT + RIGHT ARROW

Untested...

Sync3 System Reset: (if unresponsive)
1) Simultaneously press and hold: POWER + RIGHT ARROW

Already mentioned earlier...

Dash Gauge Cluster Diag Menu:
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/fiesta-hidden-dash-menu-self-diagnostics-mode.4062/
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/engineering-test-mode.8047/

There are also plenty of threads dedicated to the ForSCAN software.

Last edited:

Dialcaliper

I realized today that if you don't latch your hood properly the light for open door will turn on on your dash. I thought I was going crazy when I started the car and saw this I opened and closed the 4 doors and hatch 2 times when I realized that I popped the hood for recharging the battery but finally did something else.
Response to an old post, but similar to this, if either the hood is popped or the sunroof is open, using the door handle button to lock the car won’t trigger the same as if a door or the trunk were open. Never tried it with the fob, but I suspect it will double honk when you try.

I assume that still, no one has figured out to properly disable the double honk (when getting out and closing the driver door with the car running.)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Re double-honk, it can be avoided by holding the remote up to the windshield with your left hand, as you close the door with your right. (the antenna is behind the rear view mirror in the headliner)

Since the remote is out of my pocket anyway, it serves as a good reminder to lock the door.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Reread this entire thread and somehow this didn't make it into it.
BTW, including myself of course, I apologize on behalf of everyone for all the off-topic banter.

Sync3 Diagnostic Menu:
1) Turn on Radio
2) Simultaneously press and hold: EJECT + RIGHT ARROW

Untested...

Sync3 System Reset: (if unresponsive)
1) Simultaneously press and hold: POWER + RIGHT ARROW

Already mentioned earlier...

Dash Gauge Cluster Diag Menu:
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/fiesta-hidden-dash-menu-self-diagnostics-mode.4062/
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/engineering-test-mode.8047/

There are also plenty of threads dedicated to the ForSCAN software.

Is the in-screen compass part of the Sync 3 programming, or is it on it's own dedicated system for functioning??

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Dunno. I believe there are troubleshooting/logging options for GPS and Satellite but I'm not quite sure about the compass. I think there's an option relevant to the compass but would have to check?

Stkid93

Premium Account
Adding to this thread. There’s a feature on the older model fists I believe.

you can control the climate with voice command. If you hit the button for voice control you can say all sorts of commands such as

-fan speed max
- set climate to 70 degrees
-fan speed up/down
-defrost on
- climate on/off

there was a whole list of probably 50 or so commands it will recognize. Not entirely sure how it works. I tried on my 2017 and it didn’t work, I know it worked for 2014-2015, and I think they may have gotten right of it after that?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Having recently read the thread, I know that was among the features that was covered. Vehicles sold without built-in navigation (non-nav) will not have this feature. It can however be activated using the ForSCAN software.