Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Diode Dynamics elite series / ss3 amber backlight wiring?

I recently installed the new Elite Series fog lamps from Diode Dynamics that I bought from Whoosh. All is well with those, except that I can't find any information on the splice wiring for the amber backlight feature. There are no instructions from DD apparently, does anyone know how to splice the backlight wires so that I can have that feature linked to my parking lights (or maybe fog-off headlights)? DD just says 'splice to a 12v source using the splicing kit'.
Many thanks!

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I recently installed the new Elite Series fog lamps from Diode Dynamics that I bought from Whoosh. All is well with those, except that I can't find any information on the splice wiring for the amber backlight feature. There are no instructions from DD apparently, does anyone know how to splice the backlight wires so that I can have that feature linked to my parking lights (or maybe fog-off headlights)? DD just says 'splice to a 12v source using the splicing kit'.
Many thanks!
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/fiesta-st-head-light-wiring-schematics.2439/

Post #1; green with red is the parking light wire. Use this to power a relay coil, this relay can be wired to the backlighting wire. Alternatively, you can wire the backlight direct to this wire if they pull less than 0.5 A or so.

If you want them to come on whenever the vehicle is on and the fog lights are off. You would need to power a relay with the fog light +12v and wire to the normally closed contacts. Your 12v source would have to be switched with the ignition such that they don’t stay on with the vehicle off.

OP
ethanjds
Thread Starter #3
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/fiesta-st-head-light-wiring-schematics.2439/

Post #1; green with red is the parking light wire. Use this to power a relay coil, this relay can be wired to the backlighting wire. Alternatively, you can wire the backlight direct to this wire if they pull less than 0.5 A or so.

If you want them to come on whenever the vehicle is on and the fog lights are off. You would need to power a relay with the fog light +12v and wire to the normally closed contacts. Your 12v source would have to be switched with the ignition such that they don’t stay on with the vehicle off.
Thank you, JDG! What exactly would be the purpose of the relay coil for the parking light? You mean to give the option of turning off the backlight? I'm not sure exactly how much power it draws, but I imagine not much.