Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DipYourCar full car plastidip Success or Horror Story?

As the title name suggests, looking for any stories from the FiestaST community on what the success rate for a full plastidip IF DONE RIGHT would be. Like does it actually last a 2-3 years or does it look like a nightmare after six months?

I was going to go vinyl on the car but honestly the amount of paint correction, the fact I do not garage my car, and the fragility of our factory paint when it comes to uninstall makes me lean heavily toward a DipYourCar/MrLiquid solution.

Will plastidip if done well be as good as well laid vinyl? Of course not! I'm not naive. But I do wonder if it looks horrible or if it's actually not too bad.

I've read that plastidip has come a looong way in the past few years and does a decent job of protecting the factory paint job. Orange peel is greatly reduced and if treated well doesn't have as bad a rubber feel and dirt magnet anymore. That along with the fact you don't need to paint correct for it to lay flat (can anyone confirm?) and that it's relatively easy to remove are huge for me.

Also key, I have the factory black paint job so any crevices that show won't be an issue for me as it'll blend in with the shadows. I know this could be a deal breaker for some who have other factory colors.