Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Disabling traction control completely

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I removed the complete ABS system from a car I was autocrossing on 265 slicks as the ABS would freak out and I would have no brakes, run off the course, etc...then I started running track events and flat spotted the inside rear tires all the time....so I do understand the use of ABS on the track and more modern ABS is much better than older systems.

A switch, with a light which would be easy to wire up, that turns off those other nannies so I could stop having to turn them off on track would be great but it might be a software or firmware issue and not a hard wire setup we are dealing with.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
How about a very bright LED mounted out of the line of site but where you will notice it upon starting the car?

It could be wired up with a 555 chip and blink for a bit at first then stay solid or the other way around, very simple circuit could be made. It could also be done with a multicolor LED to change colors if you do not pay attention to it or even add a tiny piezoelectric buzzer that comes on after a bit of time. A circuit can be made or possibly find something already made for just a few bucks and an oz or two in weight.

I might need to make a dual element unit or probably can use a double poll double throw switch to remind me to turn the systems off for the track and on for the street:)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
How about a very bright LED mounted out of the line of site but where you will notice it upon starting the car?

It could be wired up with a 555 chip and blink for a bit at first then stay solid or the other way around, very simple circuit could be made. It could also be done with a multicolor LED to change colors if you do not pay attention to it or even add a tiny piezoelectric buzzer that comes on after a bit of time. A circuit can be made or possibly find something already made for just a few bucks and an oz or two in weight.

I might need to make a dual element unit or probably can use a double poll double throw switch to remind me to turn the systems off for the track and on for the street:)
From what I have found out the dash lights show at start and there are more than one if you don't check your dash at least once during start up perhaps you need too. lol why add more weight..

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I keep forgetting to turn off the systems when going out on the track so an ounce or two reminder would be OK, I am the anti-weight advocate all the time unless it serves a very useful purpose:)

I have made a ton of tuning runs and got used to turning them off so maybe I no longer will forget on the track, which I wish I had my car ready for MMP outer loop this weekend, waiting on some killer parts so no go.

It would be nice to just turn the systems off for the whole weekend instead of every time I start the car.

---------------------------------

IDEA!

Unless it can be done with just an on off switch with or without an indicator I could work up a timer circuit to keep a signal to the computer on long enough to turn off the systems. I would just have to find a "run" signal so it knew the car was running so each time it got that signal it would start the timer outputting the signal needed.

The is plenty of space near the push start button to mount a small round nearly flush lighted flip switch. That way whenever you went to start the car it would be noticed and when lighted you would know the systems were disabled and also visually verified on the video screen.

If I have more troubles later on I will probably build one to test, it would be a tiny circuit, I will see if I can find a timer board already made or even housed.