Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Disappointed by COBB ;(

OP
O
Thread Starter #21
Haven't seen any local FiST guys. It'd be nice though. Lots of FoSTs though. I wouldn't mind attempting the install myself just no space or tools. And is it true the stock exhaust has to be sawed off? What if I ever want to put the stock one back?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
You should check out Central Florida ST and Florida ST Society on Facebook. There are actually quite a few FiSTers and FoSTers in Florida. As far as the stock catback, yes, it has to be cut off..unless you want to remove the entire rear suspension assembly, lol. It only needs to be cut once to be able to remove it, really easy to do. If you keep the stock catback and decide to put it back on, you would either have to clamp it back together at the cut or have it welded back together. I would have no issue helping you install it as I have tons of tools and a garage, but I live in near Jacksonville which is a couple hour drive from Orlando and the drive would eat up any money saved from the install.

OP
O
Thread Starter #23
Oh wow OK well that's good to know..I haven't messed with Facebook in a long long time but for this it might be worth checking out. And yeah Jacksonville is a little ways away from me lol but I appreciate the offer. It'd be nice to see other people's cars and their mods. Sometimes i feel like I'm the only one out on my side of town

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Oh wow OK well that's good to know..I haven't messed with Facebook in a long long time but for this it might be worth checking out. And yeah Jacksonville is a little ways away from me lol but I appreciate the offer. It'd be nice to see other people's cars and their mods. Sometimes i feel like I'm the only one out on my side of town
I know how you feel....if your on the street looking for others, we are hard to find, lol

When i ordered my intake it took them 3 weeks to get it from Cobb they sold out and told me they would have some the next week and nothing for 2 more weeks. But they did give me a t shirt overnight shipping and my package was complete so I had an good experience with Cobb and will continue using them for some smaller stuff.

My intake came with an incomplete hardware kit. There was a washer and one nut randomly scattered in the box. They handled it extremely well and overnighted me an entire new hardware kit. I submitted a ticket through their customer service line and got a very fast response. Happy customer and would buy from them again [biggrin]

OP
O
Thread Starter #27
spoke to them over the phone. they said they are sending the missing parts overnight. No apology was given for their mistake and the guy kept trying to rush me off the phone. Pretty awesome stuff. Should of bought it from RallySportDirect instead. Whatever.

I've seen way too many "mistakes" by a company that is supposed to be the best according to some hard core Cobb fans. I ordered a shift knob. They sent me a shift knob for a Subaru Legacy. Then I had to wait 3 weeks for the knob I order. Cobb isn't worth the premium for their hardware imo, plus I can't support a company that can't get the simplest smallest orders correct.

You have to judge by the actions, think about how messed up their R&D must get at times, they continually make the same mistakes over and over. Look at focus st or Subaru forums. Missing pieces, wrong order, software naming errors etc.

I just saw this thread, sorry for the slow response time and the crappy phone call you had! I'll make sure to bop some heads in the warehouse. In general, these kinds of issues are a very small percentage of our total shipments and people never post "I got everything in my box!", haha. But, I do know it sucks to not have everything when you expect it and for that I apologize.

Please email me along with your full name, shipping address, and t-shirt size and I'll make sure we get you taken care for this order and any future ones.

Ian
ian@cobbtuning.com

OP
O
Thread Starter #30
I just saw this thread, sorry for the slow response time and the crappy phone call you had! I'll make sure to bop some heads in the warehouse. In general, these kinds of issues are a very small percentage of our total shipments and people never post "I got everything in my box!", haha. But, I do know it sucks to not have everything when you expect it and for that I apologize.

Please email me along with your full name, shipping address, and t-shirt size and I'll make sure we get you taken care for this order and any future ones.

Ian
ian@cobbtuning.com
Thanks Ian, I really appreciate the response. Looking forward to installing my exhaust [:D]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I for one am a big Cobb fan even though I had an issue once but it was an employee, not Cobb as a whole.

If any of you have been in management for very long you would know the current attitude far to many people have is not on doing a good job, it is on doing the least possible and just not caring, just want to play with their phones, etc.....It is not easy to find quality staff and has been a growing issue for many years now, part of why I became totally independent, no employees, no boss, after 20 years in the military and seeing things progress rapidly downhill I did not want to deal with it ever again so I have not for many many years.

Of course there are great employees out there but the numbers have declined drastically, this is a very serious issue most if not all businesses have to deal with.

Most sincerely,
Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
You guys are a crackup:)

I said it is nearly impossible to find good employees, Cobb has the same problem everybody else does.

It is a critical issue in this country that I have discussed with numerous other business owners, managers, and years of personal experience as an example to show I am not just pulling this out of my ass.

What is so difficult to understand?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I was on topic, Cobb is having problems, just like most everybody in business, that is sadly the case, I just clarified the point a bit.