Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DiZZY tune.

I have the E30 . . . wasn't quite as explosive as I was hoping, but it is smooth.

When I bought the car, it had someone's crackle tune on it (no Accessport) . . . and it felt fast as shit for 93. I'm told Stratified tends to be more aggressive, so it was my conclusion it was Stratified or dyno. In the end, though, I couldn't leave it on because I didn't "know" it was a safe tune. With the E30 I have now, I am more sure about safety. There's probably also an argument that Dizzy makes his power curve smoother and puts the power lower in the band.

Brianmc27

I have the E30 . . . wasn't quite as explosive as I was hoping, but it is smooth.

When I bought the car, it had someone's crackle tune on it (no Accessport) . . . and it felt fast as shit for 93. I'm told Stratified tends to be more aggressive, so it was my conclusion it was Stratified or dyno. In the end, though, I couldn't leave it on because I didn't "know" it was a safe tune. With the E30 I have now, I am more sure about safety. There's probably also an argument that Dizzy makes his power curve smoother and puts the power lower in the band.
Stratified is most certainly not faster than Dizzys E30, it’s the crazy sensitive throttle response they use that makes it so much jumpier.

Magnetic

I really wish Dizzy tunes were a bit les expensive for hybrid/big turbos. I wanted to get a dizzy e30 tune but you need to get the pump gas custom tune first (it looks like) then get the e30 tune. That's $320. (injectors are $500 roughly) I may have to pass on this one. Would've liked to try the e30 tune just out of curiosity. Think I'll wait until my injectors and FPFP are done and go through Tune + just because of the cost. The tunes for stock turbo are very fairly priced though. I may revisit once I have the fuel upgrades since I wont need re-tunes at that point if I take a bite out of Dizzy's tunes.

Stratified is most certainly not faster than Dizzys E30, it’s the crazy sensitive throttle response they use that makes it so much jumpier.
Take whatever position you want. As I stated, I’m not 100% sure the tune was Stratified … but it was faster (via butt dyno) than the E30 I have now.

pixelzombie

I've been driving with my dizzy tune for 150 miles and I like it a lot. So far, my favorite thing is that dizzy totally eliminated rev hang. I know that the Cobb OTS tunes are supposed to get rid of it, but to me they still felt off, like it was still there a little bit. With dizzy, it's completely gone and I can now shift fast without that annoying jerk in the drivetrain. Obviously, power on the dizzy tune is great too. I feel like (butt Dyno) dizzy is faster than Cobb stage 1 OTS. Its definitely smoother in the power delivery.
I use the Cobb Stage 1 tune and it's been a lot of fun. Not sure what rev hang is, but the acceleration has been quite nice.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I use the Cobb Stage 1 tune and it's been a lot of fun. Not sure what rev hang is, but the acceleration has been quite nice.
Some people are more sensitive to rev hang I think. It only affects you if you like to shift fast. Cobb tunes are definitely fun, especially coming from the stock tune.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm6SSeLivqE

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Jason over at Dizzy tune has been working on my car for 3 years now and through several iterations it doesn't matter what I throw at him he always provides a great tune and the car is deceptively fast, smooth. It drives like stock till I mash the throttle then the beast comes out.

I am currently running dizzy custom e30 tune, and I just ordered an update to go with the XDI HPFP and injectors. I can't wait to add another 80-100 hp.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I really wish Dizzy tunes were a bit les expensive for hybrid/big turbos. I wanted to get a dizzy e30 tune but you need to get the pump gas custom tune first (it looks like) then get the e30 tune. That's $320. (injectors are $500 roughly) I may have to pass on this one. Would've liked to try the e30 tune just out of curiosity. Think I'll wait until my injectors and FPFP are done and go through Tune + just because of the cost. The tunes for stock turbo are very fairly priced though. I may revisit once I have the fuel upgrades since I wont need re-tunes at that point if I take a bite out of Dizzy's tunes.
Not sure where you’re getting that dizzy is more expensive. They’re basically the same cost. Stratified a bit more, the monster even more than that.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've probably driven 250 miles on my Dizzy tune and I'm loving it so far. My car feels almost scary fast when I really get on it. Also, Jason's tune has significantly less throttle surge than the Cobb OTS tunes, which is one of the reasons I went with him. Now I want to try out the E30 tune! Thanks guys for making me want to spend all this money :eek::LOL: Fortunately, his tunes are cheaper than everyone else I've looked at.

Erick_V

I've probably driven 250 miles on my Dizzy tune and I'm loving it so far. My car feels almost scary fast when I really get on it. Also, Jason's tune has significantly less throttle surge than the Cobb OTS tunes, which is one of the reasons I went with him. Now I want to try out the E30 tune! Thanks guys for making me want to spend all this money :eek::LOL: Fortunately, his tunes are cheaper than everyone else I've looked at.
Jason's E30 tune w/ RT660's in a 2600lb Street Mod car feels pretty sick lol. I want to get my WGA installed and run his E40 tune this summer/fall

Magnetic

Not sure where you’re getting that dizzy is more expensive. They’re basically the same cost. Stratified a bit more, the monster even more than that.
I wasn't too familiar with what they cost because I have the Unlimited Tuning Package with Tune +. I got it like a few years ago.