Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do I still need an ECU flasher after a new map has been flashed?

Sorry, bit of a n00b with tuning. But anyway, I just want to do the Mountune MP215 and run the tune with the intake. I'm not looking to get crazy on mods, and figured I wouldn't really have a need for the $900 mtune after this. Thinking I would buy the package, install the intake and tune, and sell the mtune? Does it work that way? Or can I pay mountune just for the single tune?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
No it doesn't work that way because you've locked the tuning device to your car. You'll first need to return the car back to stock before you can resell it.

Can't sell the mTune. It's locked to your car. It's actually really locked to your car! You can't even revert back to stock after you flash without a special software key. It's probably the only way the MP215 kit would be covered as part of the Ford Racing warranty agreement. You're gonna have to pony up the big monies for the full kit (which is on sale right now btw)

Any AP is locked to a single vehicle. It needs to be uninstalled from your vehicle before it can be installed on another. Otherwise people would just trade them around [:p]

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
But... But ... I wanna go fast!

Does mountune offer a single tune? Seems like you should be able to pay $100 to stop into the shop and have the map uploaded in five mins.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
But... But ... I wanna go fast!

Does mountune offer a single tune? Seems like you should be able to pay $100 to stop into the shop and have the map uploaded in five mins.
They offer custom tuning with their AP and you can't just buy the tune alone without the AP. Honestly if you are complaining about price I suggest getting the Cobb AP and heading over to Freaktune for a custom tune. Check in the classifieds forum here, I see lots of used AP go for $400.

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
They offer custom tuning with their AP and you can't just buy the tune alone without the AP. Honestly if you are complaining about price I suggest getting the Cobb AP and heading over to Freaktune for a custom tune. Check in the classifieds forum here, I see lots of used AP go for $400.
...yeah, i just wanna stick with the mountune. i guess there's no other option than spending the big bucks.