Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do regular fiestas (se) have the same base seats?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of non-ST fiesta seats (say SE or titanium) fitting in an ST? Do they bolt straight in And have the same air bags? My reason for asking is because I bought st3 focus seats and I would much rather buy cheap fiesta seats as base donors then to tear apart my new cloth ST seats. (Because st3 driver seats are powered I’m hoping to the skin seat’s back and swap to not be stuck with powered recline). Can anyone confirm this would 100% work for my situation?

Thanks guys!

I have a pair of base seats I am looking to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
There are some minor variations. Besides the obvious upholstery differences, some non-ST Fiesta seats have fold-down arm rests on the driver seat, and I believe some others trims/years have no lumbar support adjustment. If I recall, Titanium seats can have heaters built in as well. Besides that, the cushions and bases are identical.
Fold down arm rests on the drivers seat? Lol ah no. No lumbar support yes, Titamium in leather with heaters yes. Fold down arm rest on the drivers seat ah the DOT would never allow it as it would get in the way of the seat belt.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Sorry. Arm rest. Singular. The arm rest is on the right side of the driver seat backrest. Folds down for use and up for storage. Doesn't interfere with a lap sash belt whatsoever.
Ah that is not actually attached to the seat, so its not consider part of the seat itself.. Its an armrest pad on top of your center console cover.

So saying the seat has an armrest is inferring an arm rest that would be attached to the seat. The OP was asking about seats and technically none of the seats come with armrests. Some of the models of the car come with a center console armrest.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
No, not the center console armrest, dude, you're not even listening. What I'm talking about is attached to the side of the backrest of the driver seat, not the center console, and was found in some cars with with the lowline consoles that do not have the console armrest/storage compartment. I have seen it myself, but I think it was done away with after the mid-cycle model face-lift.

Here's photographic proof:

Folded up:
View attachment 19864

Folded down:
View attachment 19865

Passenger-side view:
View attachment 19866
Lol never seen that in my life. That is wacky, I stand corrected. Though I think you are right Ford did away with it. I have driven auto rental Fiestas current gen and did see that. I think that was pre 2014.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Anyways, back on topic, there is one thing I forgot about the seats - in 2016 and onward the driver seat wire harness was revised and has a different connector that attaches it to the body wiring harness. OP, since you are attempting to retrofit FoST ST3 seats and plan to gut some other car's base seats to transplant the necessary parts, please make sure that the donor car the base seats are coming from is pre- or post-2016 to match your FiST. Else, you will need to remove the harness from your FiST seats anyway. Not a big deal, but will allow you to keep your own seats entirely intact.
ok sounds like this was the response I needed. I'm a bit confused, by harness, is that the airbag connection? My car doesn't support heated seats and I'm leaving that feature out with the new seats.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
No, I mean the seat harness which connects all of the seat subsystems (airbag, heater, position sensor, etc) to the body wiring harness. I believe that all of the seat subsystem connectors are identical across model years, but the seat harness connection to the body wiring harness was changed in 2016. This means that if you have a 2016+ FiST and you get donor seats from a pre-2016 Fiesta you will need to remove the harness from your 2016+ seats in order to utilize the pre-2016 seats in any way, because the pre-2016 seat harness cannot connect to the body wiring harness at all. Obviously, the reverse holds true as well. You can rather easily remove the seat harness without damaging anything, but you will save yourself a little trouble by getting 2016+ base seats for donors.

Also note that, if it is important to you, you cannot utilize the built-in ST3 seat heaters without one of my heater retrofit harnesses and some modification, but this is only tangential to your goals. [/obviousplug]
Sedan front seats should work too right? Just trying to make sure so I don't waste my time and money buying seats that won't work lol. Found some sedan '16 seats.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Yup. Front seats are completely identical. I think the rears are also MOSTLY similar but may have some mounting bracket differences.
Thank you so much for your help, but to clarify 2016 seats should have the same harness as my 2018? Just want to make sure post-16 doesn’t mean only 17-18. Saw someone selling “17-18” seats and not sure if that’s what you meant or they’re wrong . Thanks again man.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Yes, the revision was done starting with the 2016 model year, according to the online Ford service manual. Even if you do get seats with an older harness, it is still possible to transplant your 2018 harness and have it work perfectly. It's just one more annoyance. [xx(]
Thank you soo much for your help. Picking up ugly 16 seats today lol. Hopefully will mash well with the 2014 st3 recaros.