Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anyone else put away they're for the winter?

I now only have one car and I drive my one car year round. Living in Texas means the winter the North sees is about a week or so in DFW, Texas. And it's more like we get iced over rather than constant snow. In the case of bad ice the safe people decidedly stay home and the stupid people go out and get into accidents. I stay home. We drive on all seasons or summer tires year round and rarely see this weather so no one knows how to drive in it. The people with 4 wheel drive think they can and they end up in a ditch with everyone else. I couldn't handle half a year of winter driving and rusty cars. My 13 year old car I just sold had zero rust issues and I drove it year round because it lived in Texas all it's life.

Mine has never even been in rain , daddy's toy , 500 miles and counting , 5 months old

Mine has never even been in rain , daddy's toy , 500 miles and counting , 5 months old
To each their own. Plus 15 -20 years down the road you might have a sweet collectable. My dad does the same thing with his 13' boss.

My thought is life's too short not to get the most out of what you have. For some of us a large portion of that is driving.

Nice to see all the Canadians come out of the woodwork for this thread.

I already picked up some winter tires and am just hoping we get some snow here this winter. Everyone is afraid of it and the government shuts down so the roads are pretty empty. It will be one giant rally course just for me! Honestly though, once they start throwing down the salt and brine I will probably leave it at home and take Metro as much as possible.

SPhilli911

I had a '98 Subaru 2.5 RS for winter use, but ultimately had no place to store the ST so I sold the RS and bought good snow tires for the ST. The AWD would have been nice, but the ST should do fine in the snow.

rexdriver85

I now only have one car and I drive my one car year round. Living in Texas means the winter the North sees is about a week or so in DFW, Texas. And it's more like we get iced over rather than constant snow. In the case of bad ice the safe people decidedly stay home and the stupid people go out and get into accidents. I stay home. We drive on all seasons or summer tires year round and rarely see this weather so no one knows how to drive in it. The people with 4 wheel drive think they can and they end up in a ditch with everyone else. I couldn't handle half a year of winter driving and rusty cars. My 13 year old car I just sold had zero rust issues and I drove it year round because it lived in Texas all it's life.
Yeah... I'll be moving out that way sometime later in life. Rust sucks. It's half the battle for us mechanics in my area. lol.