Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does BDA Issue Cause A/C To Not Be Max Cold?

Just started hearing the telltale signs of BDA problems the other day. I’ll have to look into repair process shortly.

In the meantime: does the issue cause the A/C to not blow as cold as it potentially can? It didn’t feel the coldest today. Although we’re starting a hot spell and it was 93 on the way home

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just started hearing the telltale signs of BDA problems the other day. I’ll have to look into repair process shortly.

In the meantime: does the issue cause the A/C to not blow as cold as it potentially can? It didn’t feel the coldest today. Although we’re starting a hot spell and it was 93 on the way home
Bda?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
When I had that problem, it was found that the refringent was not at the level it should have been.
It was then diagnosed to be a very small leak in one of the hoses,

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #6
never heard it before either. too much facebook groups for you. :ROFLMAO: If you air is not feeling cold when it’s hot out their could indeed be a problem as our air con is pretty strong .
Never had a FB account, never been on it once. Knowing the function of the blend door I wondered if it wasn’t fully switching to cold air and this not fully cold A/C. Because yes, I remember last summer it would get really damn cold.

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #8
Is it cold on Low? I just had to replace my cabin air temp sensor as it wouldn't get cold otherwise.
I mean, it’s certainly cold enough that it is for sure working. Just not as cold as it used to be and as cold and it should get.

So my guesses were the BDA since it just started acting up, or the fact that I hardly drive the FiST and therefore don’t run the A/C enough? 13k miles so aside from the BDA I wouldn’t think things should be going bad like that.