Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Downpipe install DIY with pics!

Somebody know how much torque we should apply on every bolts & O2 sensors when reinstalling all together?

German torque value of guddentite. You probably can't even get a torque wrench on them. Just use a medium sized wrench or ratchet and don't go crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Is there a gasket between the turbo and downpipe that needs replaced when installing? I know there is the one on the cat back side.

I've reused the same from the stock downpipe. Mine was in perfect condition. It look like a ring that you can remove from the OEM downpipe with a flat screwdriver.

haste

1000 Post Club
If you are going to have something apart, why not replace the gasket? They are cheap.

haste is right. If you have the chance to change it then go for it, they are cheap. If, like me, you're not able to find a new gasket in your area for our fiesta st then go the same way I did.
[rockon]

Quick question that I know has been discussed before and apologies for asking yet again. Just installed a downpipe over the weekend and want to confirm that the oem downpipe heatshield does not need to be replaced. What has everyone else done? Replace - fabricate new and replace - leave exposed or ?

Thanks all.

Hey staceyq!
On my side, I got the CPE 3"Catted DP so the heatshield wasn't even fitting on so I just leaved it without it. As of now I didn't have any heat issue. (that's including a complete day of drag racing!!)
But I'm located in Quebec, Canada where temp are not very hot in summer (22? to 25? celsius degree in average).

+3? to +5? celsius degre more than ambient temp Charge air temp most of time (with Injen CAI & MTC FMIC) going up to +8? to +10? celsius degree more than ambient temp when stopping on a long redlight or when waiting in row for drag race.

If you can do one heatshield I suggest you to go for it but IMO if you don't no worries you should be ok without it.

-Seb- -[rockon]

Hey staceyq!
On my side, I got the CPE 3"Catted DP so the heatshield wasn't even fitting on so I just leaved it without it. As of now I didn't have any heat issue. (that's including a complete day of drag racing!!)
But I'm located in Quebec, Canada where temp are not very hot in summer (22? to 25? celsius degree in average).

+3? to +5? celsius degre more than ambient temp Charge air temp most of time (with Injen CAI & MTC FMIC) going up to +8? to +10? celsius degree more than ambient temp when stopping on a long redlight or when waiting in row for drag race.

If you can do one heatshield I suggest you to go for it but IMO if you don't no worries you should be ok without it.

-Seb- -[rockon]
Merci Seb!

Quick question that I know has been discussed before and apologies for asking yet again. Just installed a downpipe over the weekend and want to confirm that the oem downpipe heatshield does not need to be replaced. What has everyone else done? Replace - fabricate new and replace - leave exposed or ?

Thanks all.
The downpipe shield it sitting on my work bench lol. I did put the manifold shield back on.

Which bolts are breaking off on people? Should I just replace with new bolts and gaskets on both sides?

Which bolts are breaking off on people? Should I just replace with new bolts and gaskets on both sides?

Hey [MENTION=4706]skidro87[/MENTION]!

On my side, I had to cut the 2 bolts from the stock downpipe with a dremel to be able to remove it. I replaced it with a CP-E downpipe which I was able to install with two new bolts.

For the gaskets, I replaced only the one between the downpipe & the cat-back exhaust and I kept the one between turbo & downpipe as per he was in perfect condition so no need to replace it.

I'm oping you won't have to cut anything. I know some people were able to remove it without any cutting.

[rockon]

-Seb-

Hey [MENTION=731]chalituna[/MENTION] would it be possible to update the images? It shows up as needing updated for 3rd party hosting

Thanks! [raceflag]

Based on the info in this thread, it sounds like the Cobb catback won't add any additional power with the Cobb dp and stock turbo. Are people running an aftermarket dp with stock exhaust since there is no performance reason for the Cobb exhaust?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Based on the info in this thread, it sounds like the Cobb catback won't add any additional power with the Cobb dp and stock turbo. Are people running an aftermarket dp with stock exhaust since there is no performance reason for the Cobb exhaust?
Pretty much every combination you can think of.