Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Downpipe or catback?

Bought a used COBB downpipe off a member off of here and put it on for a day and realized it didn't do much on a stock fiST... car is stock so might be selling the downpipe and get a Cobb cat back instead[facepalm]
Would anyone be interested in the downpipe? Half off MSRP price(250$ shipped) Black Friday sale[like]

AzNightmare

You should first do some research and figure out your mod path before you go buying and selling and swapping parts randomly...

First thing first, get an AccessPort. Hardware mods won't do anything when you're stock. You need a tune.
Secondly, an intercooler should be your next priority. The catcback is only for sound... that would probably do even less for your car than your downpipe.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Sorry to see you weren't happy with the downpipe. You really have to get a tune to take advantage of the downpipe or switch to the Stage 3 OTS map if you have an Accessport.

For the most part though, you won't get a lot of gains from bolt-ons until you get a tune.

OP
slowst
Thread Starter #4
Well said brother, just think I should spend money elsewhere that will improve the performance of the car a little more like a tune and other bits then worry about piping. I loved the way it sounded but feel like some will have a better overall experience with the downpipe.
Sorry to see you weren't happy with the downpipe. You really have to get a tune to take advantage of the downpipe or switch to the Stage 3 OTS map if you have an Accessport.

For the most part though, you won't get a lot of gains from bolt-ons until you get a tune.

From what I have been reading a catback won't net but a couple hp at best. Get a tune and keep the dp. Do research and have a plan. Don't buy and sell trying to find a few hp, exhaust and intake on a stock car seems like a noise only gain not power.