Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Drained out 7 qts at oil change?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Idk if injector voltages would tell you anything. Hpfp could be leaking, but youd see a big drop in performance and milage, along with a code i would think.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Last edited:
Or you have the Fomoco IdS scantool. That can do injector flow test....compression test....fuel pressure Etc. It's only 5k for the software!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I don't know if Forscan have this function, might be a good idea to check since its free.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't know if Forscan have this function, might be a good idea to check since its free.
Nope it doesnt....if it did who would buy the actual Fomoco program for $$$...when you can just use forskin.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #28
The results from the Ford Master Tech....nothing wrong. He did a lot of testing and I'm amazed at the amount of tests and capability that Ford worked into this! He says that the numbers for all tests are very good and the engine is in great shape.
I'm still waiting for the Blackstone Labs test kit to show up so I can find out how much gas was in the oil...it's looking more like the other Ford dealership may have added oil.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I agree with the most likely explanation of overfill.

From what I've read, it's not unusual for the oil to smell like fuel; not necessarily indicative of a problem.
If it was really a problem, you wife would not have had to put her nose on it.
The gasoline smell would've been obvious from across the room/garage.

Has anyone here *ever* reported any significant amount of fuel in the oil; to the tune of a quart?

Fuel evaporates very rapidly and the crankcase is not under significant pressure.
I suspect, to accumulate three quarts, would probably take a minimum of a few fill-ups in a car that would've been running *extremely* poorly.

EDIT: Corrected late night oversight.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The results from the Ford Master Tech....nothing wrong. He did a lot of testing and I'm amazed at the amount of tests and capability that Ford worked into this! He says that the numbers for all tests are very good and the engine is in great shape.
I'm still waiting for the Blackstone Labs test kit to show up so I can find out how much gas was in the oil...it's looking more like the other Ford dealership may have added oil.
PLEASE remind me to tell the given dealership I must ever take my car to for any warranty work/recalls/TBSes/etc., to not even CHECK the oil, let alone ever open the fill cap!! [wink] [mad]

BTW; Which Ford store was this, so that I can make SURE that I avoid them like the current plague?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
PLEASE remind me to tell the given dealership I must ever take my car to for any warranty work/recalls/TBSes/etc., to not even CHECK the oil, let alone ever open the fill cap!! [wink] [mad]

BTW; Which Ford store was this, so that I can make SURE that I avoid them like the current plague?
The magic words are, "NO INSPECTION PLEASE."
Saves a crap ton of time. They (should) stick only to what you told them to do.
Just because of the age and mileage, my prior car was what the 'chanics would call "a honey pot" except, there wasn't really anything wrong with it. I stood by watching one tech spend ten minutes checking things over. (knowing he wouldn't find anything) I finally stopped him when I saw him hooking up the scanner to look for codes LoL. Next time in the same shop for tires, I used the magic words at the counter; was in/out with new tires mounted/balanced much quicker than prior visits. (now I have a second set of wheels and just drop the loose wheels off)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I ALWAYS do separate loose wheels/tires for a mount and balance.

The less chances I hand them of holding a 500+lb. ft. torque air gun to my lugs/studs/hubs until it 'stalls', THE BETTER! [wink]

OP
T
Thread Starter #35
Got the results back....no fuel dilution. No problems found at all.
The test results showed very good oil for 9000 miles of use.
It would seem that the dealership topped off the oil for me.
This may mean that you can overfill the oil substantially without causing major issues. I wonder if someone would be able to measure how much oil can really fit below the windage...