Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Driver's front window squeal

Drivers side door glass has begun to make a high pitch squeal when rolling up. Anyone seen this or had the issue fixed under warranty? 2015 with 6K. Sounds like some grilt or dirt may be caught between the glass and frame. Fixed. Please close. WD-40 silicone spray on the side glass tracks. Problem solved.

Drivers side door glass has begun to make a high pitch squeal when rolling up. Anyone seen this or had the issue fixed under warranty? 2015 with 6K. Sounds like some grilt or dirt may be caught between the glass and frame. Fixed. Please close. WD-40 silicone spray on the side glass tracks. Problem solved.
Silicone spray is miraculous stuff. Particularly good for squeaky door trim and hemorrhoids.

Where exactly do you spray the silicone or wd40? I have this same issue. I assume I take the door cards off to access the inner workings or can I spray down into the door from outside and above the glass?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I don't get using RainX® to clean the tracks instead of just using water / Windex®, but if it works, why not?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I don't get using RainX® to clean the tracks instead of just using water / Windex®, but if it works, why not?
It lowers surface tension so water is less likely to collect there. Not necessary, but could theoretically extend the interval before you need to do it again. If water doesn't bead up there, it won't dry up and leave calcium deposits.

I followed the instructions in that video and it worked for my passenger side window but not for my drivers side window. After taking the video I ran rainx down the glass into the frame from the outside and then cleaned the windows with rainx window cleaner on the outside (I didnt spray the cleaner into the frame - I used actual rainx for that like the guy did in the video followed by silicone spray). Also they removed the window to do all this & I didnt.

View: https://youtu.be/rEnm2m9IDiI

Last edited:
That’s pretty painful. Sorry it didn’t help completely I’ve had good success with silicone spray over the years for added speed and silence in window tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up spraying another bit in the tracks.. But I haven't tested it since rainxing the window. Luckily I don't use windows much because I'm so anal about dirt getting in the car, lol, but I'm going to try it out soon.

Holy crap, it's worse with the rainx on the glass...

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Find out what the dealership uses via the parts counter; see whether you can buy the same stuff.

Seals are best lubed while hot and expanded; from the car sitting in the sun. Try Liquid Wrench brand silicon spray; and into the forward most and rear tracks.

What I'm about to suggest may have you cleaning streaks/smears from your window for weeks. But the glass might also be making contact with the rubber trim along the bottom, both inside and outside of the vehicle. Be careful not to damage that trim by pulling it back too far. Need just enough gap to get the straw in there and add a *little* lube along the bottom of the window.

BTW, using that stuff on the door jamb seals, helps keep the doors from freezing shut; and/or the door seals from getting torn up. (Ice doesn't cling to the rubber.)

Find out what the dealership uses via the parts counter; see whether you can buy the same stuff.

Seals are best lubed while hot and expanded; from the car sitting in the sun. Try Liquid Wrench brand silicon spray; and into the forward most and rear tracks.

What I'm about to suggest may have you cleaning streaks/smears from your window for weeks. But the glass might also be making contact with the rubber trim along the bottom, both inside and outside of the vehicle. Be careful not to damage that trim by pulling it back too far. Need just enough gap to get the straw in there and add a *little* lube along the bottom of the window.

BTW, using that stuff on the door jamb seals, helps keep the doors from freezing shut; and/or the door seals from getting torn up. (Ice doesn't cling to the rubber.)
Ill keep that in mind for winter. Ive had to park outside a few times during our winter events at hotels near my job (because of the type of work that I do) and had to rip the door open a few times on my last FiST.

I didnt buy any new spray because I figured I would try it with the wd40 brand stuff like in that first video. I tried what you said - I sprayed along the bottom of the glass on the drivers side right before I washed my car a month ago. I havent touched the window until today to avoid streaks, like you said. The glass is super fast and makes no more noise!

So I did this same thing to my passenger side window and ill let it sit for a while and test it when I wash the car again in a month or so.

Thanks for that!