Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dumb question but do I have enough caliper clearance?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Running 16x8 38mm rpf1s from Oakos - https://www.oakos.com/ENK-379-680-3438BP.htm

Also running the Whoosh Big Brake Kit 16" version with 300mm rotors - https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...it-2014-2019-fiesta-st?variant=34787663610018

I bought H&R +10mm spacers and extended lugs. Installed the lugs but it looks like I can run the wheels without the spacers. Took some pictures but does this look/sound right? It would normally hit the face of the caliper on the spokes or the outside edge of the caliper on the barrel? Neither hit.

20210608_204816.jpg 20210608_204838.jpg 20210608_204843.jpg

I have the Porsche Carbon Ceramics on the GT4 and they have more clearance than you're showing. It's typical to get rocks/pebbles trapped between the caliper and barrel, resulting in scratches around the barrel of the wheel.

I can't say for sure it's not enough clearance based on the pics or that you'd have severe problems, but that would make me concerned based on my experiences with the slightly more clearance that I have.

It could also be the perspective in the photo. But man, the caliper/barrel gap seems nonexistent.

ronmcdon

any updates on this? have the same wheels and be really impressed if they can run the whoosh brakes w/out spacers.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
any updates on this? have the same wheels and be really impressed if they can run the whoosh brakes w/out spacers.
I'm still a few weeks away from being able to drive the car, waiting on other parts. I got some 5mm spacers in the mail but I really don't think I'll need them. I'll try to get better fitment/clearance photos this weekend.

If it is very close, I use feeler gauge to accurately measure the gap.

Let us know what you found, as this looks like a very interesting brakes-wheel combo!