Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dumb newby...where are my DRLs?

I'm in my first couple of days in learning all about my 2019's features. Probably a dumb question, but no daylight running lights? Am I overlooking a setting? Thought that DRLs were a US safety requirement, but I guess not (except in Canada)?

OP
SCMike
Thread Starter #3

There are no DRLs on the USDM FiST.

Dave
Thanks. Just wanted to double check that I was not missing some setting. Other than that trivial point, the FiST is stellar (or will be when I get beyond my self-imposed, old-school break-in rev limit).

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
There are no DRLs on the USDM FiST.

Dave
And I am thankful that I don't have to rip out a relay like I did with my WRX. I hate DRLs.

To the OP:
There might be a way to add the DRL feature via FORSCAN, but I cannot say for sure.

@SCMike,
You could wire your Fog lights to work as DRLs.
This is the way I did it.

FOGs as DRLs
I followed these instructions about a year ago and am still loving it. If you want DRLs and don't mind them always being on, this is the way to go. I eventually switched over to yellow LEDs and like it a lot.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I followed these instructions about a year ago and am still loving it. If you want DRLs and don't mind them always being on, this is the way to go. I eventually switched over to yellow LEDs and like it a lot.
My fogs are yellow as well.
And yes, the FOGs/DRLs are on whenever the engine is running just as OEM DRLs are designed to operate.

OP
SCMike
Thread Starter #15
@SCMike,
You could wire your Fog lights to work as DRLs.
This is the way I did it.

FOGs as DRLs
Thanks for the guidance. Looks like an elegant solution. I decided upon the simpler half-measure of manually using the fogs as DRLs. Start car - turn on sidelights - turn on fogs. A bit of a kludge, but it does illuminate the yellow sidelights/parking lights as well as the fogs. With all the Z-Nation candidates driving on the roads, I figure the more visual presence the better.