Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

(early) Springtime tune up advice needed

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
From my understanding is as soon as the gas pump clicks full, you don't top it up, at all! I think this can be the cause of the problem, but I found basically if there is any stumbling just after a fill it's gone pretty quickly. Hasn't bothered me.

And thanks for the input regarding the O2 sensors!

One last question to those reading this. Assuming the car is 100% stock (except for the bilstein coilovers) - when it comes time to change my plugs should I just go with the OEM gap - ford/Motorcraft plugs?
I NEVER go past the first click, and I get out of the car, no matter how cold or hot it is outside, to watch the attendant and prevent them from 'rounding up' if I am at a station which does not allow the customer to pump their own fuel.

This first time for me stumbling idle happened despite first click stopping. [:(]

The Motorcraft plugs will be just fine, but most on here seem to go for NGKs, either the Iridium, or the Ruthenium models in the standard OEM heat range for an untuned Ecoboost.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
FOR REF.

I DID MINE AT 150K ON A 2017 AND THE BELT LOOKED BRAND NEW. NOT NEW BUT SHOWED NO SIGNS OF ANY WEAR, BUT AS WITH THE OTHER BELT THREAD.....THE BELTS GO. THEY DON'T USUALLY SHOW MUCH AGE
How hard is it to change the timing belt? Are there any good videos out there on it?

Happy new year from the great white north!

So this might be kind of a vague question but hopefully somebody can steer me in the right direction. My 2014 FiST is just about to approach 150,000 km (94k miles) and it's probably a bit early for a spring tune up but I just want to get an idea.

The car runs great, there's no issues or codes/lights, but I have noticed my fuel mileage isn't as good as I think it should be. I seem to average around 10.5 L per 100 km in city driving. Or roughly 26 miles to the gallon Imperial, which I believe is around 23 in the smaller US gallon. Which I don't think is up to snuff because I don't beat the car up!

So I don't have records of the o2 sensors being done. And I would assume probably replacing the plugs and air filter would be a good plan. Am I getting close to being due for the timing belt?

Anything you guys would recommend for this kind of mileage? Cheers!
How long are most of your drives? For the first 10-15 minutes in your climate, the car will run quite inefficiently. After about 10-15 mins, you can raise your avg fuel economy.

If you have mostly short trips, you'll create a very low average. It will always feel low, and by as much as 10-20% lower than if you had long, steady commutes, for example.

What is your elevation?