Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ecstatic new FiST fan in Van (couver)

Just wanted to officially introduce myself as probably the newest member of the community. The proud new owner of an oxford white 2014 Fiesta ST up on the west coast of Canada.

I've had the car now for exactly 2 weeks. It has just under 140,000 km and runs absolutely beautifully. And it's everything everybody says it is, be it (mostly) great, or (rarely) not so much.

The car is basically stock except for Bilstein coilovers and the window tint. As far as I know there are no power adders or modifications mechanically. These might be coming as I learn more about the car (likely a very mild tune and rear motor mount) Happily Stratified is only a few miles away :)

As I've only had the car for 2 weeks I've only had to fill the tank one time, and in pretty consistent stop and go city driving I seem to be getting about 29 miles to the gallon (Imperial) which I can't really complain about. The dash display shows 10.2L/100km so I guess it's fairly close to the reported city numbers. I don't beat on my cars but for the first couple of days I was probably a bit enthusiastic so I'm sure I can get below 10.

Just a couple of questions regarding the coilovers. They are the Bilsteins and I assume there's only the one model for this particular car so my question is are they adjustable for ride height and dampening. I have no real complaints with the ride quality but with the 40 series tires it is a little bit stiff so I wouldn't mind softening it up a bit or raising the car if it helps.

Other than that I'm digging into the old forums and learning the ins and outs of this addictive little angry sea creature!

And for what it's worth I've had to Focus svt's in the past. You can definitely feel the lineage in the steering and handling responses. Thank God the throttle response is vastly superior in this car!

Anybody else up in Vancouver, Canada?

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!
I can't answer your questions about the suspension, but there are others here who can.
It's a great ride for the money. An enthusiast's car.

Cheers! I love Oxford white, also I just went stratified e30 and I cannot recommend it enough if you have easy access to e85!

I've had mine just over 3 yrs now. Live in surrey. Mine came with some goodies and a custom tune. I regularly see low 7's L/100km (my commute is 80% hwy), unless I take it to auto-x. Which I don't do as much because I still own a SVT Focus and I much prefer its handling characteristics. It's flatter in corners and more predictable. I wish it had fiesta power but meh.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the greetings! As well as the recommendations and advice. I'll have to find out which bilstein's these are. I do know that I have a couple of those metal spanner things in the glove box so I'll have to do some digging, but I guess those are for height adjustment? It's probably a long shot given the obscure bolt pattern these cars have, but I might end up looking for some different rims..... Not that I mind these, they're super easy to clean. I just kind of like the multi-spoke style of the euro fsvt's. But those are a needle and a haystack, especially up in Canada!

Hey, welcome! There's literally... half a dozen of us in Vancouver area, haha. Or maybe even entire west coast Canada? :unsure: Here's you new Fiesta owner starter pack:

* For 2014, make sure they did the coolant sensor install
* Also for 2014, consider installing 2016+ head unit and usb hub to get AA/Carplay
* Looks like you have stock lug nuts - consider changing them cause they tend to swell up
* Intermittent flywheel rattle in neutral is normal
* Clunks on clutch engagement are normal (also due to flywheel)
* Slight whine in 6th on highway on throttle is normal
* Engine bouncing around during shifts can be fixed with stiffer RMM
* Stuttering after fill-up - likely evap purge valve failure
* Continuous clacking from dash - likely blend door actuator failure

1624166762147.png

Hope you enjoy your car!

Last edited:
OP
T
Thread Starter #12
Hey, welcome! There's literally... half a dozen of us in Vancouver area, haha. Or maybe even entire west coast Canada? :unsure: Here's you new Fiesta owner starter pack:

* For 2014, make sure they did the coolant sensor install
* Also for 2014, consider installing 2016+ head unit and usb hub to get AA/Carplay
* Looks like you have stock lug nuts - consider changing them cause they tend to swell up
* Intermittent flywheel rattle in neutral is normal
* Clunks on clutch engagement are normal (also due to flywheel)
* Slight whine in 6th on highway on throttle is normal
* Engine bouncing around during shifts can be fixed with stiffer RMM
* Stuttering after fill-up - likely evap purge valve failure
* Continuous clacking from dash - likely blend door actuator failure

View attachment 41523

Hope you enjoy your car!
Wow I can't believe there would only be that many here?! I know I've seen an orange one running around in my neighborhood. But since I bought it two weeks ago I don't think I've passed one in the city. I guess I didn't realize how rare these were?

Thanks for the advice and input. I'm not sure on that coolant sensor but I'll have to look into it although I don't really have a local mechanic that I know would be trustworthy on this car yet... Other than Brown brothers or something? I'm okay with the head unit I tend not to do the whole interface thing with the phone. As long as the stereos decent I'm good :). The lug nuts thing is a new one to me! I haven't noticed any driveline or clutch noises at all, it all seems really tight. I did notice that there seems to be sort of a wheel bearing or loud tire 'hum', sort of like more road noise than I was expecting, but I think it's a combination of coming from an E46 BMW which obviously is quite well insulated, or possibly ambient noise from that sound symposer? I'm tempted to block it off. I did experience the fuel stuttering (very minor) after my Philip but it didn't seem very pronounced so I'm not worried about it yet. I know why my old cars I would always sort of top it up once the initial click kicked in but I think on this car I'm not going to push it and as soon as it has the initial stop on the fuel trigger I'm just going to leave it there. I've heard horror stories from overfilling. Thanks again for the heads up!