Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EngineLabs called and we spilled the beans! DHM 2.3L Focus ST Stroker!!

Trader history for DHM (0)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Interesting read. Is rpm limit harcoded at 7700 also for fiesta?
I have the euro ECU my rpm limit is 8000, been at max sevral time dont know how safe it is:)
My fiesta is tuned by MAXD OUT, im happy with the tune by the way.
I heard rumors the EU and US ECU is also hardware different.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Interesting read. Is rpm limit harcoded at 7700 also for fiesta?
I have the euro ECU my rpm limit is 8000, been at max sevral time dont know how safe it is:)
My fiesta is tuned by MAXD OUT, im happy with the tune by the way.
I heard rumors the EU and US ECU is also hardware different.
yes they are diff

Great write up! The hard work is paying off and we are all lucky to reap the benefits. Looking forward to installing my DHM race intercooler/crash bar when I get a free weekend.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Great write up! The hard work is paying off and we are all lucky to reap the benefits. Looking forward to installing my DHM race intercooler/crash bar when I get a free weekend.
Hard work doesn't pay off...

It pays fucking well!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Excellent read Russ! Awesome to see you guys do work! Question, does the 1.6 have a large balance shaft assembly like the 2.0?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Excellent read Russ! Awesome to see you guys do work! Question, does the 1.6 have a large balance shaft assembly like the 2.0?
1.6L normally don't have them. 2.0L + engines normally do. But if it does, I'd LOVE to remove it. I was shocked by how much my srt4 gained from chopping the balance shaft chain.

Dude this is exciting. Too bad I'll be waiting for >100k to justify a rebuild and upgrade the internals. But hey who knows, I'm excited to see the gains.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
1.6L normally don't have them. 2.0L + engines normally do. But if it does, I'd LOVE to remove it. I was shocked by how much my srt4 gained from chopping the balance shaft chain.
Yep, in my experience removing the balance shaft makes a huge difference, with little to non side-effect, mainly a bit more NVH

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Dude this is exciting. Too bad I'll be waiting for >100k to justify a rebuild and upgrade the internals. But hey who knows, I'm excited to see the gains.
when you do we will have a slew of DHM internals!!

Russ

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
is it safe to say Fiesta Stroker is possible ? [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION]
I've asked about this. How much money do you have? It's easier with the Focus, because the crank already exists. Ours would have to be created.

Yeah my Se-r Spec V had a balance shaft, a little bit of kit helped me cut that son of a bitch out with 2500 miles on the ODO!##!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Very much so. Crank alone will be about 2800-3800 though.

Russ
And prob take a while to get made as well?

My friend payed $2800.00 for his crankshaft for a "stage2" buick grand national engine and it took like 8 months. I think it was Scat. Billet steel cranks don't just fall out of trees.

After riding in my friends big turbo Fost the other day that Russ tuned, I was really thinking about how more displacement would mean the world to this motor. With that tune, that focus ST drives so nice, even with an oversized back housing....