Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Enkei Wheels

Taz

Any thoughts on THIS make of wheel? I've heard that they're a bit hit and miss, depending on what category from their range you choose, with their Racing wheels being great but their Performance wheels being cheap and nasty? Also, how do their Tuning Series wheels rate?

Well, I guess everyone has their own standards but I have J10 and they've been really great so far 🤷‍♂️

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #5
From what I can gather there's a way to adapt the hubs?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I counted two in the catalog that had double drilled 4x100/108 pattern. Both ugly. But a number of people have gone to the trouble of redrilling their hubs so they can use the 4x100 RPF-1s.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #7
What's the width of the original wheels?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The RPF1s have been sold by @Oakos on here in both 16x7 and 16x8 in our PCD and offsets for a while now.
But not sure if any are left, or if you will have to wait for the next group buy for them.

They are light, and strong/high quality wheels, I just am not in love with their spoke/lip aesthetics in our sizes/applications. [wink]

Last edited:
OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #11
Well, I've been looking at THESE. I know that numerous companies do similar designs. Are there any good companies that so that design that'll fit the ST180? I'd also like to have a wide choice of offsets because I'm planning on getting fender flares and the arches cut.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well, I've been looking at THESE. I know that numerous companies do similar designs. Are there any good companies that so that design that'll fit the ST180? I'd also like to have a wide choice of offsets because I'm planning on getting fender flares and the arches cut.
Those are SWEET, and I am sure that many on here would love those as well.

But, unless they are part of Enkei's 'custom shop' program, you will NEVER be able to get those in our bolt pattern/offsets at all, since they just will not make them that way for 'stock'.
Even IF they could custom drill them at all, they would be crazy exorbitant in price as well. [:(]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The name that comes to mind the quickest for a wheel that looks like that , that is available for our cars is Rota and Rota is now starting to sell flow formed wheels. Except they call them Flow Forged which is pretty much what a Flow Formed wheel is . Both Konig and Enkie sell flow formed wheels as well.
Two older lines of Rota have the style of that Enkie you posted but are not flow formed.
Those are the Gridhttp://www.rotawheels.com/product/grid-racing
and IK R2 which is actually a newer wheel in 17x9 4x108 for all the people that want to run flared fenders or do serious roll and pull.
http://www.rotawheels.com/product/grid-racing

here is the complete Rota wheel guide for non off road
http://www.rotawheels.com/product-category/passenger
Over in the UK there would be another company that sells a wheel like that Japan Racing. I do not know much about Japan Racing beyond seeing their wheels on British sites and the web
https://jr-wheels.com/category/jr3

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #15
The name that comes to mind the quickest for a wheel that looks like that , that is available for our cars is Rota and Rota is now starting to sell flow formed wheels. Except they call them Flow Forged which is pretty much what a Flow Formed wheel is . Both Konig and Enkie sell flow formed wheels as well.
Two older lines of Rota have the style of that Enkie you posted but are not flow formed.
Those are the Gridhttp://www.rotawheels.com/product/grid-racing
and IK R2 which is actually a newer wheel in 17x9 4x108 for all the people that want to run flared fenders or do serious roll and pull.
http://www.rotawheels.com/product/grid-racing

here is the complete Rota wheel guide for non off road
http://www.rotawheels.com/product-category/passenger
Over in the UK there would be another company that sells a wheel like that Japan Racing. I do not know much about Japan Racing beyond seeing their wheels on British sites and the web
https://jr-wheels.com/category/jr3
Been doing some searching through forums about this make and it appears that Rotas have some myths about bad quality based on when they started out as a company. Since then they seem to have improved their quality a lot, but as the saying goes "mud sticks". Now most owners say that they're great quality replicas for the money. Ironically, I might have to go for them, not because I'm not willing to go for the real thing, but because the company in question doesn't make wheels to fit the Fiesta ST! Budget wheels for a budget car I suppose? "shrugs* I guess I can see the logic, because what's the point in putting wheels meant for top quality sports cars on a Fiesta ST. What's their weight like compared to the originals? I'm guessing they're a lot heavier?

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Been doing some searching through forums about this make and it appears that Rotas have some myths about bad quality based on when they started out as a company. Since then they seem to have improved their quality a lot, but as the saying goes "mud sticks". Now most owners say that they're great quality replicas for the money. Ironically, I might have to go for them not because I'm not willing to go for the real thing but because the company in question doesn't make wheels to fit the Fiesta ST! Budget wheels for a budget car I suppose? "shrugs* I guess I can see the logic, because what's the point in putting wheels meant for top quality sports cars on a Fiesta ST. What's their weight like compared to the originals? I'm guessing they're a lot heavier?
Rota’s indeed had a rep for being cheap knockoffs in the late 90’s early 2000’s in fact Konig had the same rep. Now Konig makes some of the lightest flow formed wheels on the market and a division of theirs Advanti is in Formula 1. Go figure. Also with Rota’s Miata guys are all over them and track them. Rota’s have gotten better and are not overly heavy . My Titans come in between 16 and 17 pounds for a 17 that is a cast wheel. That is not bad at all . Conversely my 16 Konig Dekagrams tip the scales at like 14lbs lol. That is pretty light for a 16.
There are not a lot of wheels in 4x108 period its an oddball lug pattern and really not sure why Ford choose to use it as they used to be partnered with Mazda on both the Fiesta and Focus lines aka Mazda 2 and 3 in previous generations and Mazda used a 4x100 which is a lot more common and tons of wheels are made in that pattern.
Its all about how much your willing to pay in the end. But ya consider yourself lucky we can still get some decently light wheels for cheap because 4x108 lol though not many.

At least they aren’t XXR’s now those are heavy junk. IMO

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #17
What's the weight of the original factory wheels?

FJ16

What's the weight of the original factory wheels?
Stocks are listed at 22.5 lbs. I've had a set of 16x7 Rota Grids for over a year now and still love em - no quality issues and feel pretty darn light (have not put them on a scale though).

Brianmc27

Konig hexaforms look just like that, and they make them for the fiesta.

https://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-formed-wheels/hexaform/

https://konigwheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/hex-bro.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Been doing some searching through forums about this make and it appears that Rotas have some myths about bad quality based on when they started out as a company. Since then they seem to have improved their quality a lot, but as the saying goes "mud sticks". Now most owners say that they're great quality replicas for the money. Ironically, I might have to go for them, not because I'm not willing to go for the real thing, but because the company in question doesn't make wheels to fit the Fiesta ST! Budget wheels for a budget car I suppose? "shrugs* I guess I can see the logic, because what's the point in putting wheels meant for top quality sports cars on a Fiesta ST. What's their weight like compared to the originals? I'm guessing they're a lot heavier?
Rota makes some really good looking wheels for our rides, and yes, their quality/Q.C. has improved vastly over the years.

They were even contemplating making their very good looking, rally-like "Crest" wheel in our fitment, but I don't know what's happening currently with that project.