Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EWG Cyborg Turbo Review

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Have you had a chance to do a dyno run yet? It would be really nice before buying this turbo setup from Sourskittle if we could see a graph. I trust what your saying, but for those of us that are considering all of the options, the graph curve means a lot and says a lot.
I got ~240 whp/wtq on 93 octane. Working on e30 tune now

Maybe a dumb question...but what is the benefit of going EGW as opposed to just getting the normal WG actuator that Adam or SS sell?

But for a hybrid what difference? I'll be ordering the cyborg soon. (Hopefully today) and just wondering what little things I can do to make the best of it.

Rhinopolis

Wooo! Just paid for my cyborg :D

I'm going to go with tune+ for the tune
Excellent, and the reason that I ask is because the person tuning should be able to tell you what to go with based off of fact from their tuning experience. Hardware always sounds like a good idea, but it's not always necessary or beneficial in providing perceivable gains.

Looking forward to your after impressions, and please datalog and Vdyno your car both before and after the cyborg [twothumb]

Vdyno is on the accessport right? I've never done it but I'd like to before and after turbo upgrade. I've never had a pro tune either so I feel like my whole life is about to change Haha.

Rhinopolis

Vdyno is on the accessport right? I've never done it but I'd like to before and after turbo upgrade. I've never had a pro tune either so I feel like my whole life is about to change Haha.
No, you datalog via the accessport and then you download your datalog from the accessport on to your computer and then upload on to Vdyno.

1. Email Adam and ask what all parameters he wants for you to datalog.

2. Locate a safe and smooth flat stretch of road for you to perform a 3rd gear @ 2500 rpm and to redline WOT (wide open throttle) "pull".

3. Look up Vdyno online and download the application on to your computer. I can help you with the data and setting up your profile once you do download the program.

4. Familiarize yourself with your accessport and how to cycle through the options available to you through it. Plug in your accessport (assuming you have already downloaded accessport manager and registered your personal accessport) to your Fiesta ST.

5. Set your datalog metrics, warm your car up to oil temps of at least 180F, get in to 3rd gear at 2500 rpm, hit the button to begin recording your datalog (the accessport tells you when you are recording), no rush and once ready to record in 3rd gear at 2500 hit the gas WOT and take the car to redline, shift to 4th gear, engine brake, and when safe hit the accessport button again and to stop the datalog. Repeat this process three times so that you have three datalogs each time that you are recording your car's performance.

Doing this will allow you to see and measure gains throughout your build, and the size of the numbers you achieve don't matter as much as being able to measure the progressions. I also suggest creating a http://datazap.me profile for your personal use in monitoring your car. This way you will know for certain if your car is running as it should be.

All of this might seem a little daunting at 1st, but it's a fantastic way to learn if that is what you are wanting to do. Have fun and PM anytime if I can assist you. I am learning too, and I definitely don't have all the answers.