Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Extended cranking time

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Every so often, when I press the start button, I get a slightly longer crank time than usual. Maybe a second or so where the FiST turns over a few times before it fires up. It doesn't happen much but is noticeable when it does. It has done this since new and at a little over 6k miles it has happened maybe 15 times. Anyone else had this happen? I'm not worried about it being an issue, just want to see if it is common. Thanks.

I have never paid to much attention to it, normally fires up with in a second or two of pushing the button. Ill pay closer attention to see if it happens to me in the future. Does it happen under certain conditions like when its extremely hot out or when the motor is cold?

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I have never paid to much attention to it, normally fires up with in a second or two of pushing the button. Ill pay closer attention to see if it happens to me in the future. Does it happen under certain conditions like when its extremely hot out or when the motor is cold?
It is random.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Nothing unusual, sometimes it a little longer until the ECU receives a output signal from the crank and cam position sensors in reference to TDC.