Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal 595RSR Air Pressure for Track

SST

how many track day would you think a set of AR1 would last? originally i was thinking of a set of TW120 NS2R

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good info about the RSR. I would get the RS-PRO for track days... Was considering daily driving on the 595 evo though. The RT615K+ caught my attention, but they are pricey.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Good info about the RSR. I would get the RS-PRO for track days... Was considering daily driving on the 595 evo though. The RT615K+ caught my attention, but they are pricey.
Ran the 595 evo on one of my M3’s not bad not noisy, I think the RT615 would be a step up. 595 EVO’s are cheap though.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ran the 595 evo on one of my M3’s not bad not noisy, I think the RT615 would be a step up. 595 EVO’s are cheap though.
You think the 615s would be a step up from the rs-pro? I'm SERIOUSLY having a hard time figuring out what I want to do. I have Kuhmo Ecsta PS31 right now and they are fine for daily duty, but I do not drive my car lightly and they are very very soft tires, they make the car feel awful.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
You think the 615s would be a step up from the rs-pro? I'm SERIOUSLY having a hard time figuring out what I want to do. I have Kuhmo Ecsta PS31 right now and they are fine for daily duty, but I do not drive my car lightly and they are very very soft tires, they make the car feel awful.
I use both the RS Pro and 615K+ on track. I prefer the 615K+ because it's more consistent from cold to hot. I can also drive it on the street (not winter) without issues. The RS Pro requires heat. Did i say that already?? lol

Dpro

6000 Post Club
No I said in my post they would be a step up from the 595 EVO. I am also having a hard deciding I like what I see with the Hankook RS4’s and the fact that I live in a relatively warm climate means I should not have a problem with them heating up to perform. Supposedly you need a half lap or so on track to get them up to temp.
I was eyeing the Feddys because they are so cheap in comparison . Pretty much nearly half the price of 615+ or RS4’s but if that half price comes at the expense of excessive road noise and heat its hard to say.

Oh and some people say the Feddys RSR and RS Pro have soft sidewalls. I know the 595 EVO’s did.

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
RS-Pro definitely has softer sidewalls than 615K+.

as an endurance racer my go to endurance 200 treadware tire is the hankook rs4, it's just the best as lasting and taking abuse / heat. over the last year or so we have been running 595rr because they cost about half as much and can offer similar lap times. I also treat them as more disposable at this pricing level. pressure is a factor, but heat matters more when tracking 200 treadware tires - you have to feel the tire and know when you're over cooking it and let it come back and grip again. we can get 8-16 hours out of these tires depending on track surface.

so what does this mean to the OP? you should be on the RR and not the R. but really, for trackday I'd spend more and get more because your use case is different. I've run 615 in the past, never liked it much. re71 is a great tire but doesn't last as well as rs4 and others.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
as an endurance racer my go to endurance 200 treadware tire is the hankook rs4, it's just the best as lasting and taking abuse / heat. over the last year or so we have been running 595rr because they cost about half as much and can offer similar lap times. I also treat them as more disposable at this pricing level. pressure is a factor, but heat matters more when tracking 200 treadware tires - you have to feel the tire and know when you're over cooking it and let it come back and grip again. we can get 8-16 hours out of these tires depending on track surface.

so what does this mean to the OP? you should be on the RR and not the R. but really, for trackday I'd spend more and get more because your use case is different. I've run 615 in the past, never liked it much. re71 is a great tire but doesn't last as well as rs4 and others.
Only problem I see here is getting RR’s I just checked Federals Website and there are no RR’s in 16”s and one size in17. For this reason I am probably picking up a set of R”s and for the price of $55 a tire it’s kinda of a no brainer.

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31

The RS4 isn’t available in a size I require. The RSR was recommended by a local guy who didn’t track as much as me. I used them for a few sessions and sold them to a street guy. The RSPro is fine but I’m not pushing 8-16hrs on track per day and I tend to overdrive them early before they have time to warm up. I’m not competing so I want a tire that heats quickly and stays consistent (RT615K+) even if I have to sacrifice a little grip. This is an annoyance, not a problem with the tire. All that said, I’m still driving the piss out of them and they hold up very well. The RT615K+ has been more appropriate for my purposes so I’ll stick with that until I change wheel fitment and lift the car a little to accommodate something else. The RS4 is common at the track. I’d certainly try them if I could but size is the issue for now. Thank you for the comment.