Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Feedback from my amp?

If I turn the power output of the high frequency, or the main power output of the amp up, more than 1 (out of 10 approx) I get a very high pitched (constant) feedback through the door speakers. It does not fluctuate with the revs of the engine, so alternator interference is out. It is a constant pitch and volume regardless of music volume. I do not hear it with the stereo off. It only shows up with the stereo turned on, even with zero volume.

Dunno what the issue is. Could it be the power cable is too close to other wires?

iso100

1000 Post Club
Strange. You say amp... Do you have aftermarket additions to the system? What's driving the door speakers?

If I turn the power output of the high frequency, or the main power output of the amp up, more than 1 (out of 10 approx) I get a very high pitched (constant) feedback through the door speakers. It does not fluctuate with the revs of the engine, so alternator interference is out. It is a constant pitch and volume regardless of music volume. I do not hear it with the stereo off. If only shows up with the stereo turned on, even with zero volume.

Dunno what the issue is. Could it be the power cable is too close to other wires?
Power and signal in my experience should be run down opposite sides of the car. Way back when I had an issue like yours. Check you have a good ground as well.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Where are you hooking up your high level inputs for the amp?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
No offense intended and I hope you get this fixed but please buy a real amp next time, those 1000 watt $150 amps are not very good, to say the least, sorry, have to tell the truth as others need to know it.

There is a huge amount of really poor quality stuff being sold that is driving may of the best companies out of business.

And 99+ percent of the "audio shops" are clueless about actually improving the audio, just make it louder.......

Absolutely sincere,
Rick

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Yes, of course. Boss CX650 running the door speakers (Kicker 40CS654)
Funny that you mentioned BOSS, I've personally ran into the similar issues before with this brand using high-level inputs.

Also to verify did they run separate wires from the amp to the door speakers?

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #9
I had a Boss amp in my truck for years, same model line, and it was excellent. Not sure about the separate wires. You can see a picture of my set up in the spare wheel well on the registry page of this website.

This is actually what I am currently running in the car:

LC7i AudioControl w/bass adjust

200w RMS Power Acoustik D2-600 amp to One 10" 350w RMS Pioneer TS-W260S4

100w RMS x 4 Boss CXX1204 amp to (4) 6 1/2" Kicker 40CS654 (doors)

FYI, Rick, I had it installed by your recommended guy, Jason.

MOFiST

If it's a shop install take it back and let them sort it. It's probably a signal ground loop.
There's good guides around for trouble shooting. Unbalanced analog audio is always pita to work with. Also you could double check your main chassis ground.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Jason will fix it, go see him as soon as you can.

Call him, let me know if you need his cell number as he decided to go full time with the RAAMmat business and just closed his shop but he will take care of you, I promise.

If he says there is something wrong with any of the gear that is causing this issue he will be telling the truth, he has lots of experience and knows far more than the vast majority of installers out there and he cares about you and your satisfaction.

Most sincerely,
Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Did you call Jason yet?

I talked to him about it, 1 hour of playing after the install no noise at all.

He said the biggest problem he has with such low cost amps is loosing the ground isolation due to a failed transistor that results in the issue you have. He has a way to fix it on most amps.

Let us know how it goes, please:)

Rick