Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiat Abarth,,,, Fiesta ST..... Juke Nismo RS winner is....

I have been totally enjoying my Fist since leaving my Stage 2ish Fiat Abarth. I work as a service advisor and was able to take home a 2014 Juke Nismo RS. I can tell you 100%% without a single doubt my Fist is the BEST. Period. Nismo, 1 to 2 shift sucks, Recaro seats in Juke suck, with traction control off and sport mode off it has terrible wheel hop and torque steer. This vehicle has 241 miles on it and feels as if it ia going to fall apart qhen launching. Yes I know the RS has an LSD which is why it is really disheartening. Stay with the FIST!!!!!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Sad to hear because the jukes powertrain seemed to have good potential. I just think it's packaged wrong. Put that motor in a new Sentra spec-v and boom they would be selling.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
There is no aftermarket support for that motor. CVT sucks, I had 2 SR20s, Classic Sentra Se-r, 200sx Se-r. I also had first year of Qr25de in my Sentra Spec v, with 1500 miles on it I had already pulled the balance shaft out with Jim Wolf kit!!!! I have had over 12 Nissans/ Infinitis.It is sad because those were great cars. The current setup (motor, trans, and LSD)is terrible on Nismo RS Juke. Besides Uprev and Viscnti (ecu tek) they is only current tunes available.

Zissou

There is no aftermarket support for that motor. CVT sucks, I had 2 SR20s, Classic Sentra Se-r, 200sx Se-r. I also had first year of Qr25de in my Sentra Spec v, with 1500 miles on it I had already pulled the balance shaft out with Jim Wolf kit!!!! I have had over 12 Nissans/ Infinitis.It is sad because those were great cars. The current setup (motor, trans, and LSD)is terrible on Nismo RS Juke. Besides Uprev and Viscnti (ecu tek) they is only current tunes available.
Juke Nismo RS has a manual. OP talks about shifts; probably didn't drive the optional CVT.

TempeST

I too was a huge Nissan fan, but more on the Z's side of things, and man, after the 300ZX TT, they went down hill. but word is the new Q60/Z has a V6TT 400hp. sorry this is off topic.

I agree with OP though. the Abarth really is a joke. It just doesn't have the fun factor or the power potential from what I hear that the FiST has. the Juke RS I don't have much to say about except there is a guy here dominating the Autox with it. but he has WAAYYYY more money into his car than I do. it does have a stronger motor though. his pulls on mine like I'm sitting still. but again... Money and work put into his.

Nice to hear from the OP driving all three however.

OP
M
Thread Starter #8
Juke Nismo RS has a manual. OP talks about shifts; probably didn't drive the optional CVT.
I am the OP and I mean from neutral to 1st it is clunky and 1st to second is crappy, RS CVTs are AWD the 6 speed is only available in FWD, hence the wheel hop and torque steer

The Nismo RS was one of the cars I was looking into buying before I got The Fist.

I have been totally enjoying my Fist since leaving my Stage 2ish Fiat Abarth. I work as a service advisor and was able to take home a 2014 Juke Nismo RS. I can tell you 100%% without a single doubt my Fist is the BEST. Period. Nismo, 1 to 2 shift sucks, Recaro seats in Juke suck, with traction control off and sport mode off it has terrible wheel hop and torque steer. This vehicle has 241 miles on it and feels as if it ia going to fall apart qhen launching. Yes I know the RS has an LSD which is why it is really disheartening. Stay with the FIST!!!!!
im sorry but. if i told any service advisor ive ever talked to i was hard launching a car during its break in period they'd be trying to get my warranty cancelled.

just saying

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
Well seeing how it is a 2014 that is now a 2 year old "new" car and I was the last one to drive it in October of 2015. They were practically going to give it to me. Break in period...... yeah nobody can void your warranty for an unmolested non modded car.

Well seeing how it is a 2014 that is now a 2 year old "new" car and I was the last one to drive it in October of 2015. They were practically going to give it to me. Break in period...... yeah nobody can void your warranty for an unmolested non modded car.
every warranty ive ever read had an abuse clause that generally outlined reckless driving as abuse and reason to cancel a warranty. again, just saying. read your contracts people.

Pete

I test drove the new 2016 juke RS and was pretty happy with it. It was the AWD CVT but whne I asked they said they could get the manual in AWD. Now reading this I don't know if that is true but that is what I was told. I think the Juke would make a fun dirt road car since it has more ground clearance and short bumper over hangs. Now that doesn't mean I am going to get rid of the fiesta but if I didn't have either I would probably go with the Juke with the new redesign and make it a rally car. It is also has slightly more room inside.

OP
M
Thread Starter #17
every warranty ive ever read had an abuse clause that generally outlined reckless driving as abuse and reason to cancel a warranty. again, just saying. read your contracts people.
The burden of proof is on the manufacturer. Trust me, sure if you put a GoPro on your dash and record "hard launches" and show it to your service advisor while under your break in period maybe. But if one was to be that dumb, well im just saying.

OP
M
Thread Starter #19
Having owned a Sentra Se-r (classic), 200sx Se-r, VW GTI, 240sx, Sentra Se-r Spec-v, G35S sedan 6 speed (2007), Mazdaspeed 6, Lexus is300 ( Toyomoto supercharged) manual..... Fiat Abarth, and now my FIST. And BTW these were all MY cars not my wives included, and only my manuals owned ( I had autos also) I always test drove them as advertised. My first Mazdaspeed 6 The clutch had some issues while test driving and dealer ended up finding me a better equiped one for same price. im just sayin

I rented a white Nismo RS for 3 days specifically because the dealer had just put it in rental. It was a leftover 2014 with 60 miles. I drove 600 miles. I thought it had lots of character and was well built. Mpg wasn't great. And inspite of all the leftover 2014 and 2015s in Texas, there seemed to be no extraordinary deals to be had.

If i could get a 2yo leftover for 20k, id buy one. Not 25k (on 28k sticker).