Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST available intercoolers tech thread

Siestarider

I was doing research on cores last week. Seems cross-section is important, weight always critical to me. Mishimoto J weighs 18.7 lbs per their tech info, ATP says their shipping wt is 25 lbs. I could not find any other weights for other models.

Cross-section rule of thumb seems to be 45% of end area. Pressure drop function of cross-section? And "turbulators"?

Wonder how much it would take to get the FoST intercooler to fit the fiesta? Any one here know?

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Im not too sure if the 15mph crash front end did anything to save the driver as there was an engine, full frame of the car, a ton of airbags to protect the occupant. that crash bar rating is a joke. i can kick that bar and bend it.

i just super want that Airtec stage 2 IC
or the mishimoto if i was given the entire parts list of what was needed to install it.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
You win die instantly if you bit a cat without the 15mph bumper. (Beat everyone to it, lol ).

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Let's stay rooted in reality here, shall we?
That's a bit much to ask for some that are desperate for power.

My Cobb FMIC should be here today, so I may be able to get it on tonight and get some logs in the coming days. Part of me wants to install each piece that I ordered separately to log and look for differences, but pat of me wants to everything because #ricecart

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Ill decide my reality.
No, deflection, torsion constant and physics will decide that.

However, if you would like to try kicking that steel beam as hard as you can in an attempt to prove the above wrong, please record it and share with us. It would be entertaining to watch.

Now, back to the thread...

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Trolling will get you nowhere. I will not be dragged in to a battle of wits, where you are unarmed and will drag me down to your level and beat me with years of experience

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
How about we save the mod staff the trouble and just remove all the un-intercooler related posts :)

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
Trolling will get you nowhere.
I think you need to look into the meaning of trolling a bit more. ;)

Happy Friday. *beer*

Anybody have new IC details for me to update the first post with?

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Sorry. Just seems like if anyone has something negative to say on a topic its you more than not. To me seems like you take something someone is happy about or is jesting about and put your negative .02c in to me seems like trolling to get a rise out of people. If im wrong please accept my apology, i am too busy to get worked up. 2j-racing is doing a well enough job of this.

Also if anyone has 2j's phone number could i have it. I have a Down Pipe order to cancel.

Anyone got info on using the FoST intercooler on the FiST? Seems like it might be a worth while and cheap upgrade.