Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I guess they have false advertisement . On the their description they say it's a full 76mm exhaust .
It is 3" about 99.9% of the way. But if you look at pictures of it there is a neck down on the DP side so you can bolt up to a stock DP. The neck down isn't a big issue Russ [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] has put some serious power through the same size neck down without issue on many BT kits. Myself included.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
It is 3" about 99.9% of the way. But if you look at pictures of it there is a neck down on the DP side so you can bolt up to a stock DP. The neck down isn't a big issue Russ [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] has put some serious power through the same size neck down without issue on many BT kits. Myself included.
On the fiesta ST we have made 424whp on 2.5" neck down. Anyone with a full 3" dp will know how hard it is to get it to seal up on the stock or some other exhaust systems. So most like ours necks down.

Russ

FistSt215

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Injen and Cobb on my list for exhaust . Most likely Injen wins since it's cheaper by 200 bucks

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Injen and Cobb on my list for exhaust . Most likely Injen wins since it's cheaper by 200 bucks
I love the sound of my injen and like the single tip look. My cousin had Cobb on his and I like the sound as well, but it's hard to compare because he has a catted DP and stock turbo where as I have catless and BT.

FistSt215

I love the sound of my injen and like the single tip look. My cousin had Cobb on his and I like the sound as well, but it's hard to compare because he has a catted DP and stock turbo where as I have catless and BT.
Do you have the raw tip or unfinished is there a sound difference ? I heard the clip of raw tip and cpe catless and sound amazing .

Do you have the raw tip or unfinished is there a sound difference ? I heard the clip of raw tip and cpe catless and sound amazing .
I don't have the raw tip, but I doubt there is much of a sound difference. Probably just cosmetic preference.

Just purchased a Peron DP, getting stage 8 bolts for the DP to turbo as theyl never come loose or leak, picking up new gaskets from ford just because, for $20 may as well make it 100% then time to load Stage 2!!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Will most of these downpipes bolt on to the stock exhaust?
Go with the racing Depo downpipe, best one for the buck and quality is on par or better than most. I have mines hooked to a stock exhaust with muffler delete and it sounds very tasteful. U should have gotten a dp before u went with the custom tune tho

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I plan on getting their FMIC and downpipe, but most likely the catted one.

And the tune was only $50, worth it for the price/gains compared to the parts above.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did not have a chance to read through all 40 pages of this thread, so MAJOR apologies IF this has already been asked/answered;

What is the 'limit' of the stock downpipe as far as even a small turbo upgrade, or is it generally considered even too small for the factory turbo with a tune and aftermarket BOV??

What can one gain with even the BEST of any of the above mentioned/listed (in this thread) DPs keeping the STOCK turbo with NO aftermarket BOV, but also using one of the bigger catback systems, and aftermarket intercooler, with a custom tune?

What is the stock bottom end's limit (boost & power levels) as far as all out MAJOR/LARGE turbo upgrades with ALL of the supporting 'ancillaries' (fuel, tune, exhaust, IC, meth injection, BOV/wastegate, etc.)???

Thanks in advance, and this is the very FIRST turbo car I've ever owned, and only my second boosted ('90 T-Bird SC) car in 45 years of driving, so please have some mercy.

DP03

To save you reading, no gains for a DP until you upgrade the turbo. Save your money,

Parts and labor, probably the worst mistake you can make .

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
To save you reading, no gains for a DP until you upgrade the turbo. Save your money,

Parts and labor, probably the worst mistake you can make .
Same thing I was told by Russ from DHM. Unless you want sound then get a dp but for max power with stock turbo stock dp with upgraded FMIC & charge pipe is sufficient which is the way im going next week. Im heading down to meet Russ in MD the 9th for stage 2+ install and dyno tune. I will be using Randy S1 93 etune as base so I will post numbers when all said and done.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Same thing I was told by Russ from DHM. Unless you want sound then get a dp but for max power with stock turbo stock dp with upgraded FMIC & charge pipe is sufficient which is the way im going next week. Im heading down to meet Russ in MD the 9th for stage 2+ install and dyno tune. I will be using Randy S1 93 etune as base so I will post numbers when all said and done.
Hey Stunt I'll see u again next week!