Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Head Light Wiring Schematics

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Hopefully someone will find this useful.

Ford Fiesta ST headlight wire color codes.

Blue & Green Wire = Blinker
Green & Red Wire = Parking Lights
Black & Yellow Wires = Ground
Brown & Blue Wire = Head Light
White Wire = High Beam

XuperXero

Wouldn't happen to have Euro spec schematics would you? I noticed my LED DRL has two modes. One super bright during daytime and one dims during parking light/head lights on. I kind of want to require superbright all the time.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Sorry I don't but maybe Sekred can help lol

XuperXero

Nope, didn't even notice the difference day/night lol.
Quite noticeable if you parked facing a wall at night or underground garage.

Headlight off = DRL super bright
Parking light = DRL dims
headlight = same as parking light but with headlight on

I'm looking for headlight with DRL super bright. Would look pretty sinister from someone's review mirror [deviltail]

UK regulations require DRL to dim when main lighting is switched on - there will be relay somewhere that controls this dimming process.

Also, if you notice, when you switch on your direction indicator the DRL for that side dims so that the indicator is more visible, which would suggest that there are two relays at work, one for each side.

Need to get a decent wiring diagram for this variant of the Fiesta which should show where these are hiding.

XuperXero

UK regulations require DRL to dim when main lighting is switched on - there will be relay somewhere that controls this dimming process.

Also, if you notice, when you switch on your direction indicator the DRL for that side dims so that the indicator is more visible, which would suggest that there are two relays at work, one for each side.

Need to get a decent wiring diagram for this variant of the Fiesta which should show where these are hiding.
That's a good point about the direction indicators... Now I'm thinking it might also be possible to have 3 relays depending on how they routed it.

Heres a pin out pic from another post by dirtyblueshirt (I believe). This pic shows both USDM and EDM pin outs.

Thanks for this! Definitely useful.

If all the wiring diagrams i have at work are correct the only relays it shows are for the high beams and fog lights. Everything else is controlled by the BCM (body control module) at least for the US spec, but there is some hits about with and without LED on it.