Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Intercooler Info Thread

maperformance

Intercooler is finalized, I'm on the dyno as I type testing!

Sorry it is a little dark in the pictures, the polishing dust/compound got a little haywire when I was rushing.

maperformance

Any data on expected charge temps and airflow? I know the ATP has almost 0 pressure drop through the core. What can we expect with this unit? How about weight of the piece itself vs stock?
Pressure drop is typically a byproduct of core sizing, all things being equal in terms of internal volume... our two offerings are roughly the same potential internal volume but relying on a superior and smoother transition to route through the core. I can't actually equate a precise pressure drop rating versus the ATP offering as they claim "almost 0 pressure drop"... in theory, that's a rather bold claim as even if it were just enlarged tubing, there would be pressure drop due to the larger volume. Turbulence, alone, will translate to pressure drop through an intercooler but that is really a debate for theory as we certainly don't mean to imply that ATP isn't presenting themselves truthfully. The cold hard reality is that data we are looking for is often time interpreted from the real world environment testing. There are countless numbers of these car running our kit, at this point, and they would be better suited to answer your questions regarding real world feedback better than I as I am sure they are unbiased where data from us could be interpreted as absolutely biased.

Pressure drop is typically a byproduct of core sizing, all things being equal in terms of internal volume... our two offerings are roughly the same potential internal volume but relying on a superior and smoother transition to route through the core. I can't actually equate a precise pressure drop rating versus the ATP offering as they claim "almost 0 pressure drop"... in theory, that's a rather bold claim as even if it were just enlarged tubing, there would be pressure drop due to the larger volume. Turbulence, alone, will translate to pressure drop through an intercooler but that is really a debate for theory as we certainly don't mean to imply that ATP isn't presenting themselves truthfully. The cold hard reality is that data we are looking for is often time interpreted from the real world environment testing. There are countless numbers of these car running our kit, at this point, and they would be better suited to answer your questions regarding real world feedback better than I as I am sure they are unbiased where data from us could be interpreted as absolutely biased.
They use a garret core in their design, which is really hard to say doesn't perform well as the Garrett cores are known to be of decent quality. End tank design to reduce turbulence going in and out of the core would certainly go a long way in assisting with fighting pressure drops if your core is just as comparable to their Garrett offering. Unfortunately I have no clue what core you guys use. For some reason vendors like to keep this a secret along with most any stats about their intercooler.

I guess what I'm asking here is what makes your unit better than others? Price is obviously VERY well positioned and that speaks to me without a doubt and makes your product attractive, but I really want to see performance on charge temps (I'm willing to accept logs from you, even if you do cite bias risks; I'd expect you to be honest :p) and airflow mass through the core. I don't care about supposed power increase claims or anything like that. I just want to see how it cools and maintains pressure. Any data at all can at least give me an inferred idea of performance, but so far I have seen nothing. I want to buy this item from you, but I can't make a $500 leap of faith with no data to look at here. It's fine if you don't want to provide it; but I haven't found anyone out there stepping up to share the data, either.

maperformance

They use a garret core in their design, which is really hard to say doesn't perform well as the Garrett cores are known to be of decent quality. End tank design to reduce turbulence going in and out of the core would certainly go a long way in assisting with fighting pressure drops if your core is just as comparable to their Garrett offering. Unfortunately I have no clue what core you guys use. For some reason vendors like to keep this a secret along with most any stats about their intercooler.

I guess what I'm asking here is what makes your unit better than others? Price is obviously VERY well positioned and that speaks to me without a doubt and makes your product attractive, but I really want to see performance on charge temps (I'm willing to accept logs from you, even if you do cite bias risks; I'd expect you to be honest :p) and airflow mass through the core. I don't care about supposed power increase claims or anything like that. I just want to see how it cools and maintains pressure. Any data at all can at least give me an inferred idea of performance, but so far I have seen nothing. I want to buy this item from you, but I can't make a $500 leap of faith with no data to look at here. It's fine if you don't want to provide it; but I haven't found anyone out there stepping up to share the data, either.
I completely understand where you are coming from. As far as our advantages, our quality for the price is bar none the best. That's something we take pride in and hopefully is apparent in our fit and finish. Straight to the point with data. I appreciate your open mind with accepting anything we may have to offer. Unfortunately there was not any hard data in any usable format ever gathered for publishing. Part of this was due to Adam Brunson's departure as he was hands on with the development at the time, and isn't to fault really, just the only one who was ever logging for tuning purposes. As of now, I have no test car on the premise to gather a quick log with and without stock intercooler. I wish I could, otherwise my lunch break would be joyrides and data logging. I apologize for the current lack of data and at this point, like I said in my last post, the data would best be gathered by active users in environments similar to yours. Until I have more to offer, that is all I can suggest and the best I can suggest. Thank you for your interest, and I can assure you this intercooler performs in extremely competitive ways :)

I completely understand where you are coming from. As far as our advantages, our quality for the price is bar none the best. That's something we take pride in and hopefully is apparent in our fit and finish. Straight to the point with data. I appreciate your open mind with accepting anything we may have to offer. Unfortunately there was not any hard data in any usable format ever gathered for publishing. Part of this was due to Adam Brunson's departure as he was hands on with the development at the time, and isn't to fault really, just the only one who was ever logging for tuning purposes. As of now, I have no test car on the premise to gather a quick log with and without stock intercooler. I wish I could, otherwise my lunch break would be joyrides and data logging. I apologize for the current lack of data and at this point, like I said in my last post, the data would best be gathered by active users in environments similar to yours. Until I have more to offer, that is all I can suggest and the best I can suggest. Thank you for your interest, and I can assure you this intercooler performs in extremely competitive ways :)
Anyone you can point my in direction of asking for such data then? Maybe they will oblige my curiosity? :)

Ford Community Posts