Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
May of posted this or some of it but had to many good brews to look back and see:)

Big turbo, best on a very easy drive, just my wife in the car as the doggies and I were in the truck, 41.5MPG

When we are all in the car and misc other stuff, 600 or so lbs, up to Tahoe, around the lake and down and around 38 MPG.

A lot of mixed driving lately and some getting on it, 30.8 MPG.

Not calculated at the track yet but I would be happy with 8 MPG on 91 and WMI as have a race car that got less than 6MPG on race fuel, ouch$$$$

-----------

With the low rate we pay for fuel not so bad to not get great mileage, two years ago we paid close to $5 a gallon for 60 gallons of gas t fill the two tanks on the trailer and 60 gallons of diesel for the truck at just one stop on a road trip, that hurt!

Dib

If I'm really soft with the car I can see ~39.0mpg average on the highway, according to my fillups, the car's gauge says ~39.7mpg. Being stg3, the occasional spirited sprints have brought that down to ~33mpg for the tank, but I still average ~39 on the long drives. MPG so far hasn't gone up or down with the upgrades, they should go up once I fix my high idling problems.

DaveG99

Ive been averaging 27 and Im stock. But I drive it like I stole it. Why drive this car like an old lady. On a highway trip I get about 30

I've got 1099 miles on my FiST now and my mileage is pretty damn impressive.

On my daily commute, I get ~30-33mpg going to work. Not sure about highway yet.. haven't had the car long enough to do any long trips. Short highway trips (50 miles one way is the longest I've done) have shown 37+mpg at 70-73mph.

I'll see longer term how it does.

3300 miles on mine now, I've been consistently getting a calculated 28mpg from fuelly (trip computer shows 28-30mpg). Best tank was 32mpg on a 200-ish mile highway cruise but everything else has been a mix of city/highway/stop-and-go/occasional hoon

Not sure of an actual city number. But the best combined number I've gotten so far with the vehicle is just under 26 mpg and that's with me taking it easy in the city. Not sure what's wrong.

jayrod1980

I tend to average 28-29 a tank... mostly because of my 80mph drive up and down elevation to my work out in the boonies. With all the torque available on a "stage 3" type setup, in the city I get up to 38mpg because I'm typically deep into vacuum the whole time. If I slow down to 70mph on the highway (the exact speed limit), my MPG goes to around 33mpg and my car goes from -2/-1 psi to -6/-4psi. Also, oil temp goes from up to 217F at 80mph, down to 200 or under at 70mph. I really need to figure out an oil cooler situation with 107 degree summer days. I have the DHM race cooler though and didn't get a bracket made for the mishimoto cooler when I bought it (didn't know about the cooler at the time).

As the temps are warming I'm up to around 31 on my daily drive. 9 miles one way. I usually hit like 5 stop lights. Speed between lights in optimal at about 50. Car says average speed is 24mph.

I don't baby. Full boost at least once every drive. Because why own a turbo if you aren't gonna use it. I get better mileage than my 2012 focus...

I commute 150 miles each day and have 6000 miles on my 2016. If I keep it at 65mph, I can get 37 mp-US gallons with 93 octane. That drops to 33 mpg for 89 octane. I do my calculations the manual way (miles/fillup gals), and the car computer usually reads 1 mpg higher. I could probably get higher than that if I didn't have a mountain pass to go over. Wouldn't know and probably never will know what my city mpg is!

haste

1000 Post Club
10.3mpg at the track last year. 180 minutes worth and two tanks of fuel. i was stock last year

im full stage 3 this year, will be interesting to see if there is a difference.

with mixed driving i see around 27mpg with stage 3 cobb ots tune

LILIKE16ST

Since I got my Livernois 93 octane tune my mpg seems to have increased. I have averaged over 29 mpg on two different tanks since in close to 50/50 mix in town and on the highway and that's with a few wot jaunts and some spirited driving mixed in I think that's pretty good considering the performance gained from the tune. Driveability is very much like stock. I got as low as low 26s when I first installed the tune from testing it out so much it really is hard to stay out of it once tuned. All in all im very happy with the car the tune and the mpg. I plan to run a custom 2.5 inch cat back next straight piped no muffler or resonator should sound great, eliminate some more weight and possibly even add some power and another improvement in mpg. I'll post back with results when I get this to see.

In my 2016, 30/70 city/highway, bone stock I see someplace in the 31.5-33mpg range. On longer trips I've seen 36-38mpg on summer gas. Winter gas on the other hand is abysmal around 25-27ish.

My lifetime MPG over 8,000 miles is currently 25.92. That is real, at the pump measurement using Fuel Buddy app since day 1. The car's gauge consistently always reads 2-3mpg higher than what I actually get.

This is daily driving in Orlando with a variety of Cobb OTS 1-3. Mix of highway and city, lots of stop n go traffic jams, lots of me always getting into the boost. I have no idea how some of you get 30+. I'm quite happy with it though.

35.8 routinely to work & home (16 miles, 10 are highway). >40 on road trips.
possibly relevant mods include: MP215, FMIC/charge pipes, exhaust, intake manifold & throttle body spacers... plus I use run the Torque "Better Dash" ap on my commute...

Got mine a week ago tomorrow, and have put 500 miles on it so far. First tank I got around 26mpg with half around town and a little bit of short trips on the highway, including the 50 mile trip back from the dealership. Second tank so far was 100% highway, speed for the first 40 miles was between 70 and 80, the last 100 miles was between 65 and 70, and the computer indicated 31mpg at the end. Not super impressed so far, but it's getting broken in and I'm getting used to the car, and all my vehicles have gotten worse mileage out here in Kansas than back home on the east coast.

The vehicle I traded, a 2013 Sonata base model, I struggled to get 31mpg out here on the highway, but recently back east I got 33-35 easily out of it. I attribute this to the higher speed limits out here, worse quality fuel (I've been told it contains on average more ethanol than back east?), and the wind. Still not mad about 26mpg around town in a fun, turbo car...my Sonata was boring as hell and got like 22 around town.

LILIKE16ST

I'm getting 27-29.5 average on all my tanks since tuned at 2800 miles and I now have just over 5600 on the clock. That's about 50/50 mix city highway wot jaunts here and there and babying the rest of the time. The same type of commute same driving style with my 03 svt focus I had before this car I was getting 24-26 mpg....only mods were k&n intake and offroad pipe and widened gapped motor craft copper cores and Taylor 8.2 mm wires. Weight is similar between the two cars this one is a little lighter as is and has considerably more power so I'm definitely happy with my mpgs to date. I too don't see how people are getting well into the 30s. If it was 100% highway at 70 mph I'd have no trouble believing that in sure I could pull 35+ on such a trip

my first road trip was... my break in road trip. I think it was like... 400 miles (nyc to somewhere in NH)

ran into random traffic here and there, varied my speeds, 40-75mph, along with gear rowing to keep the rpms moving....

37.8 computer mpg, 37.5 calculated. Since then I just trust the computer, and reset at fill-ups.

more recently with city driving I am around 27 mph, which includes the later of the break in period which includes occasional higher rpm 4th gear pull through smooth, gradual throttle input.

I drive with a relatively light foot and usually shift around 2700 rpm, I would estimate my throttle input to be around 20-25% max, outside of the 4th gear "smooth and gradual" pull, that I would eventually roll to 100% throttle and hold for 3-5 seconds. Details included to give you an idea of how I get my MPG at this time.