Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta St Powerflex Sway Bar Bushings don't fit

Hello everyone, I have the powerflex race front sway bar bushings and they don't seem to fit at all into the stock sway bar bushing mounts. Has anyone else with these bushings noticed this? Is this normal, I've had other cars with upgraded sway bar bushings and haven't run into these issues.
IMG_0013.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0017.jpg

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I had the same problem with the street version. I laid on my back 2 hours trying to get theses to install. They were the only PF bushings I could not install. I junked them and put back new stock rubber bushes.

Last edited:
I think this is because of the different size of sway bars our cars have, depending on year. I believe 2016+ had the larger size. If you go on the PowerFlex website, they have different sizes.
I actually just went to the PowerFlex USA site, and they only have one size now for some reason, but the UK site still has both.
1595629997870.png

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The smaller size is for 2014 and 2015.
The larger size is for years 2016+ this is also the same size as the non-ST Fiesta

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I think this is because of the different size of sway bars our cars have, depending on year. I believe 2016+ had the larger size. If you go on the PowerFlex website, they have different sizes.
I actually just went to the PowerFlex USA site, and they only have one size now for some reason, but the UK site still has both.
I measured prior to ordering the bushes, I have a 22mm bar on my 2016. But they just were a no go with the bushing mounts.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
So I tried forcing them on for hours, the bushings fit fine on the sway bar, but there is just no way to get the mounts to sit properly, it's physically not possible. I am going to 3D model some new mounts and CNC machine them out of some extra 7075 aluminum bits I have around.

I got them to work. 80 grit sanding disc. Need to remove enough material to approximate factory shape. Needless to say not impressed with Powerflex. And given install difficulty you aren't going to want to go back in to re-grease when they get noisy. Just go with universal Energy or Prothane with grease fitting.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
I got them to work. 80 grit sanding disc. Need to remove enough material to approximate factory shape. Needless to say not impressed with Powerflex. And given install difficulty you aren't going to want to go back in to re-grease when they get noisy. Just go with universal Energy or Prothane with grease fitting.
Did you sand the bushing or the mount? I wonder if Powerflex even tested the fitment before putting them for sale...