Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Ram Air BIG MOUTH Intake Snorkel by Velossa Tech Engineering - R&D thread!

Will these be a direct bolt on part or will there be some minor cutting/drilling?

If concerned about later selling or trading in the car you could buy the stock plastic shroud that needs trimmed then or earlier to have it on hand if you take the mods off the car, it should be a fairly low cost part.
There will be minor trimming of the radiator shroud. If you absolutely do not want to do that, you can just remove the shroud. Although I wouldnt since it is a good design from the factory and helps converge flow through the radiator. But the option is there if you do not want to do any cutting.

Like RAAMaudio said, the shroud is very inexpensive part if you must have the part intact again at some point.

Tomorrow is D-day, for testing fitting, then we go public with pricing and availability! :)

me32

1000 Post Club
There will be minor trimming of the radiator shroud. If you absolutely do not want to do that, you can just remove the shroud. Although I wouldnt since it is a good design from the factory and helps converge flow through the radiator. But the option is there if you do not want to do any cutting.

Like RAAMaudio said, the shroud is very inexpensive part if you must have the part intact again at some point.

Tomorrow is D-day, for testing fitting, then we go public with pricing and availability! :)
Looks like a great design as i am also staying with the stock box would be great to get more fresh air in there.

Me as a German Guy laughed my Ass of as i see your Intake :D I hope it was tasty! [cheers]
Btw. I like the Idea behind it [like]

I would like to test Fit one of these, I am from Germany and the EU Model we have here have a slightly different Crashbar and Front as the US Version, I would like to buy one but i am not sure it will fit [8] [sad] [V]
I am sure that many Poeople here would buy them too if this will fit on our Cars.

Here is a Picture of my Front when i replaced my Intercooler maybe its useful...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thanks for the compliments and glad you got a good laugh out of it:) I was going to use sheet aluminum and build an air box then decided to look for a round low weight can of some sort as so many race cars have filter housings like that it must be a good way to go. I was in my basement going through some things and came across the mini keg, I love the beer, hmmm, German engineered car, German beer mini keg......Then I pulled out the AEM dry filter I had left from a previous project and it was a perfect fit so I had to do it!

Unfortunately I could not make this a product to sell as I have done it as far to many alterations to stock parts like the radiator surround, not sure about the stock bumper, battery moved to the rear or a smaller one....and I am retired and not making parts to sell but I sure get tempted many times do to so....

I like to take things to a bit of the extreme and often times the gains are pretty small but when you do the whole car that way it can add up to some amazing results. In this situation the manf here that is working on the grill area intake to the stock or modded air box is probably a great way to go and the end results not that much lower than what I have done.

Another option is the cowl intake which is a great idea but you have to live with some serious noise or work around it which I have a good idea what will be best but each of us has their own perspective as to what is acceptable.

Of course real world data in the driving situations in the climate you live in, etc....all make a difference so much of what I do or say is speculation but is based on decades of having fun modding cars to make them faster more so than making them look faster.

---------

Note: Been a long day, not enough food taken in, having some incredible hoppy micro brews....if anything seems a bit off, so be it, I am having fun, just ask me to clear it up when my simple mind is more functional:)

I need a few volunteer cars for test fitment and color option pics.

I need a red car and maybe a blue one. First people to reply to this post will get a PM from me regarding the test fitments and picture taking request. I will be sending you intakes, all you need to do is take some nice pics of it installed and give me feedback.

TempeST

I'll take the red one! :) my car is silver, but all my accents are red! :) if that matters. If it does then I'll be ready for the pre order!

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I need a few volunteer cars for test fitment and color option pics.

I need a red car and maybe a blue one. First people to reply to this post will get a PM from me regarding the test fitments and picture taking request. I will be sending you intakes, all you need to do is take some nice pics of it installed and give me feedback.
I have a perf blue fist