Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Ram Air BIG MOUTH Intake Snorkel by Velossa Tech Engineering - R&D thread!

koozy

3000 Post Club
doesn't the guy who's car you're using have the mishimoto oil cooler kit? if so why not take his oil cooler and test fit it and make sure so we can order with certainty that it will fit. I'm not interested in buying, sending back, etc.

I didn't see a price....has this been established?
Looking like its in the 130 range with all color availability. Once I finalize the design completely, I can give you an absolute price, it will be more affordable than the FoST BIG MOUTH since it has less production requirements.

Siestarider

Been following this, glad its progressing to sale. I hope to end up with one.

Current Mountune air box lower inlet is not going to work very well if I add undertray and route my fog light vents to brakes for cooling. Hanging an intake hose into a low pressure area does not make much sense.

Right now Mountune lower intake hose goes to driver's side fog vent, so snorkel looks to be the best intake option for me if CMBuildz brake cooling system works.

Been following this, glad its progressing to sale. I hope to end up with one.

Current Mountune air box lower inlet is not going to work very well if I add undertray and route my fog light vents to brakes for cooling. Hanging an intake hose into a low pressure area does not make much sense.

Right now Mountune lower intake hose goes to driver's side fog vent, so snorkel looks to be the best intake option for me if CMBuildz brake cooling system works.
I see you're up in Stuart, Why dont you come down to visit us, we're about an hour and a half from you, check out the new place we just moved into :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The lower intake hose should not be a problem.
I have mine tied to the charge pipe so it draws air from under the car.

Dave

Siestarider

The lower intake hose should not be a problem.
I have mine tied to the charge pipe so it draws air from under the car.

Dave

My testing with manometer suggests open space down behind front nose is a low pressure zone, maybe 0.5" below atmospheric. So my lower intake hose is set at fog light vent, measured slightly higher than atmospheric.

Cool air good, high pressure good, both together better. But if I close everything so that all the cooling air has to go through heat exchangers, and duct my fog vents to brakes, I will be all out of cool, high pressure options for intake. All the space behind nose will be warm, low pressure air.

Or I could be misguided and/or incorrect. It happens.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am hoping that VelossaTech will be making fog light vents to couple to brake ducts.

Dave

I have a TB Fiesta ST and I've been looking at your snorkels since you first posted your threads. :)

White mouthed preferably.

I am hoping that VelossaTech will be making fog light vents to couple to brake ducts.

Dave
Have you guys seen these for the FoST?

We make full blown brake cooling solutions for the Focus ST.

all of our brake cooling systems were track tested in Arizona heat on some of the toughest tracks.

I'm sure that is great but I would love a brake duct that keeps the fog lights and makes the fake strakes on the side functional.

I'm sure that is great but I would love a brake duct that keeps the fog lights and makes the fake strakes on the side functional.
We also sell brake ducts that bolt to the A-arms, 5 minute install, also track tested in Arizona with real time rotor temps.

True forward facing scoops that direct air to rotor space.

Chuckable

So, are you going to make these for the FiST as well? I've been checking out CMZ and Boomba, but if you are going to come out with a full kit then there may be others interested in well. I too would like to keep the OEM foglights and use the space next to them for the brake duct. As Siestarider has said, space may be tight on the driver's side due to the windshield washer reservoir, but probably enough space to make it work. The passenger side is pretty wide open. Anyone can take out their headlights and look straight down to see how much space there is for brake ducts.

Anyway, sorry to thread jack [nono]

So, are you going to make these for the FiST as well? I've been checking out CMZ and Boomba, but if you are going to come out with a full kit then there may be others interested in well. I too would like to keep the OEM foglights and use the space next to them for the brake duct. As Siestarider has said, space may be tight on the driver's side due to the windshield washer reservoir, but probably enough space to make it work. The passenger side is pretty wide open. Anyone can take out their headlights and look straight down to see how much space there is for brake ducts.

Anyway, sorry to thread jack [nono]
I can look into making a stage 1 brake cooling system for the FiST. The Focus ST stage 1 is a pretty popular option that is track proven.