Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST side skirt removal

How do you remove the side skirts from an ST? I can't seem to find much info. Judging by pictures of the skirts it looks like it's a few bolts and pop clips but I wanted to see if anyone here has done it, I don't want to break the clips or crack the paint.

I was kinda wondering about the apparent removable pieces right at the jacking points. I toyed with the idea of pulling them when jacking the car to change tires, but not knowing what I was doing, I decided not.

Thanks for the removal steps koozy. I tugged on one a little and it didn't move so I gave up. I really don't want to risk them getting looser and maybe coming off on their own. I wound up buying some extra-high slotted poly pads to handle jacking and hoist chores. I use my hoist a lot and this car was a little hard to fit both because of it's short wheelbase and recessed pinch welds. Got it now.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If you had used the forum's search feature, you would have found this.

It is funny that you cannot buy the clips from Ford.
They want you to buy the complete molding.

I found a clip that is listed for a GM car that works perfectly.
It is a Dorman part, available at most auto parts stores (or online).
#963-203 or 457901BP
These are the same part, why the two numbers I do not know.

Dave

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thank you Dave! [thumb]

I just had the dealer install a whole new painted skirt on the passenger side about two weeks ago, under warranty, since they refused to just try and reattach the factory one which was pulling away from the rocker panel a little bit, near the front wheel.

Had two clips break on the back side. Thanks to Dave, was able to find the replacements. Those GM parts just need a bit of trimming to be flush but otherwise have exact same dimensions. One thing that wasn't obvious to me right away is that putting the clips on the skirt and sliding the whole thing onto the rocker is the correct way. I tried putting the clips into the rocker and sliding the skirt on to them at first - impossible. On the back of the skirt, I had sticky tape that came off with Goo-Gone easily. Epoxy glue Ford uses on the front, however, had to be sliced off carefully with a box knife. I used 3M gray, outdoor tape on both ends. 3 weeks later - no issues.

I believe there is also a strong adhesive used for the section right behind the front wheel openings where it meets the fender.
I agree!..the adhesive is very very strong. I've tried to remove both the side skirts when I took a road bump which ruined both parts, not without the risk of hurting me.…..[wrenchin]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ford does sell the replacement clips now. Bought some a few months ago.
I wish that they would tell us WHICH actual adhesive they use for that front section, as mine is pulling away yet again, even after they replaced the whole passenger side skirt. [mad]

In the spring, when I re-do/re-install the front, full rally size SMS mud flaps, I will try some of that dark grey JB Weld 2 part epoxy for this purpose, since I am NOT spending $100.00+ on the 3M 'kit' to use a few ounces ONE time. [nono]

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had mine glued front and back, both sides by a glass installer. Apparently their glue works very well. Go check out your local glass installer and ask them to do it. I used JB Weld on my door handle after FORD refused to repair it stating it was not covered under my extended warranty. Star Ford in N. Hollywood refused to give me a replacement door panel, which you have to do if the handle breaks, because I had already fixed the problem and they said they couldn't return it to Ford.
Hope this helps solve your problem.