Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Weights Thread

OP
Fiestig

Fiestig

Thread Starter #83
New weights added and more on the way:

Mounts:
Vibra-Technics Passenger Motor Mount (Fast Road): 3lbs 13oz
Vibra-Technics Trans Mount (Fast Road): 3lbs 8oz

I'll be removing the lower back seat pad and both upper portions sometime this week, I'll report back with weights.

OP
Fiestig

Fiestig

Thread Starter #87
I'll be removing the lower back seat pad and both upper portions sometime this week, I'll report back with weights.
Hmm, I have the back seat sections weighed. Those weights should have been in there already. Have to look at my spreadsheet and I will add them. Thanks though

OP
Fiestig

Fiestig

Thread Starter #89
Entirely possible that I missed it, haha. If so my bad!
They were missing from the list, but were some of the first items weighed. Just must not have added them at the time. They are added now:

Rear Seat Back 2/3 (w/bracket): 32lbs 9oz
Rear Seat Back 1/3 (w/bracket): 17lbs 10oz
Rear Seat bench pad: 8lbs 15oz

LILIKE16ST

Yeah, I hate that the extra weight is at the highest point...

In the 2 years and 3 months of ownership I think I used the sunroof twice.
Not only is it weight up high but it compromises the structural rigidity of the car too so its a double negative. Plus potential leaks. I specifically looked for a car that didn't have one when I bought new. Another side bonus is more headroom and it's noticeable. I sat in a recaro car with a sunroof and my head was touching the roof and I had the seat in the exact same positioning I keep the seat in my car and there is at least 2 to 3 inches or more of headroom in my car.

LILIKE16ST

My 15x8 to pro race 1.2 wheels in matte black were exactly 15.4 lbs each without the Centercap so maybe 15.5 with them. 205/50/15 continental extreme contact sport tires were something like 18.6 I wanna say? It's around 34 lbs for wheel and tire stock ones were 42.5 I had the Michelin all season on my 16.

Not only is it weight up high but it compromises the structural rigidity of the car too so its a double negative. Plus potential leaks. I specifically looked for a car that didn't have one when I bought new. Another side bonus is more headroom and it's noticeable. I sat in a recaro car with a sunroof and my head was touching the roof and I had the seat in the exact same positioning I keep the seat in my car and there is at least 2 to 3 inches or more of headroom in my car.
Seeing how flimsy is the roof when I press on it when just washing the car, I have my doubt on any benefits of structural rigidity having it full metal. If anything, I'd argue that the sunroof adds rigidity more than anything else with the tracks and the glass.

LILIKE16ST

Seeing how flimsy is the roof when I press on it when just washing the car, I have my doubt on any benefits of structural rigidity having it full metal. If anything, I'd argue that the sunroof adds rigidity more than anything else with the tracks and the glass.

I get what you're saying but a fixed roof is Def more rigid than a sunroof or a t top or vert. When there I'd a hole in your roof the rigidity has to be compromised. But anyways there are several other reasons to not opt for a moonroof other than structural rigidity.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I get what you're saying but a fixed roof is Def more rigid than a sunroof or a t top or vert. When there I'd a hole in your roof the rigidity has to be compromised. But anyways there are several other reasons to not opt for a moonroof other than structural rigidity.
Plus, if one ever wants to either convert it to a full-on track car, or ARA rally car (or sell it to someone with those plans), it is another positive in NOT having to seal up that big hole in the roof. [wink] [thumb]