Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST2 front wing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. First post here so apologies if in the wrong sections.

does anyone know if the front drivers side wing can be removed without removing the quarter glass? Had a body shop quote rediculous amounts which included new glass and fitting.

and if there’s any avid fiesta guys in the tonbridge area that want to help me fit a new front bumper. Cash awaits for you.

You're gonna have to be more specific - "drivers side wing" and "quarter glass" isn't a thing... and you aren't talking about the side mirrors? Do you mean the windshield and fender?

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
Jeezus. Do people not read in America.
Clearly says in my first post. Drivers side.

clearly says in the second post wing or fender seeing as your in America.

never thought quarter glass in the uk may be called something else in America.

and logic will tell you to change a wing or fender. Clearly the windscreen wouldn’t have to be replaced. Shitting hell and I thought my two children were thick. And by thick I mean stupid. Not wide or fat just in case you were wondering.

Huh, well haven't seen this much aggression on the forum in a while.

Yes, the front driver side quarter glass does need to come out to replace the driver side fender. The rubber surround (gasket) that goes around the glass can be reused, but it's my understanding that it does all have to be removed.
For reference, I had my driver side fender replaced with a new OEM part + paint matching (including paint blending) for $900 USD out the door. You do not need new quarter glass if undamaged, but you may need a new rubber gasket for the window depending upon the condition of it after they remove it from the vehicle. Driver side headlight has to come out as well and some things (washer fluid reservoir) moved in the engine bay to access the bolts for the fender. Plus paint blending. It's not cheap.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Averyislost. Finally someone with some sense. That’s something I havnt seen in a while either. Thankyou for your information mate. Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Averyislost. Finally someone with some sense. That’s something I havnt seen in a while either. Thankyou for your information mate. Much appreciated.
Everyone here is trying to help and you're being a huge a**hole. The fact that you're even using that name is disrespectful too. FiestaSTJay has a large following in America on Instagram, and chances are you're not him. Can't wait for @D1JL to shut down this thread either... To summarize in words you'll understand. [nono]

Well he isn't over there, so why would he use your term?

And the confusion starts with you being English talking to a bunch of Americans. It can be easily cleared up understanding the obvious difference's in language. You yourself noted one such difference using areshole, which is not a term used here.

I have herd bonnet and boot, etc, but I have never heard a fender called a wing. So when YOU create confusion by using a foreign term, don't get upset at those still trying to understand what you mean and be helpful.

So don't be a wanker and apologize for your petulant behavior.

OP
F
Thread Starter #13
Clearly I didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed my username as my car make and model and my name. And how many people in this world have the name jay. I don’t even know who you are talking about so next time I make a username I’ll cross reference it with the internet to make sure it doesn’t upset anyone.

I signed up to this forum as when I looked at it there was majority British people on here. 🤷🏻‍♂️

and I said wing. Then corrected myself to fender seeing as everyone who was replying was from America.

yet I’m British and can still know the lingo in other countries of what they might call car parts. Yet you Americans seem to know one language and that’s it. Maybe you need to open yourselves up to the big bright world that is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.