Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta x37 build

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also radar detectors are just a pacifier for people who like to drive fast. I'm 38 and it's been a well known thing for the past couple decades that good cops are well aware of all that tech and just keep their guns off until the last second, see you speeding, and then turn their system on to catch you. the radar detector you paid for is just gonna let you know you're getting a ticket before the lights come on.
[histerical][thumb]

That, and maybe because I am older and do not care about going fast in a straight line anymore, is why I saved the $500.00+ now (??) that a new Valentine One would have co$t me, and will put that towards other car stuff instead.

Probably why I do not care for drag racing, or drag race time trialing, albeit at least there you get to experience the accelerative g forces in a really quick car vs. just steady state high speeds on the highway. [wink]

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #42
[histerical][thumb]

That, and maybe because I am older and do not care about going fast in a straight line anymore, is why I saved the $500.00+ now (??) that a new Valentine One would have co$t me, and will put that towards other car stuff instead.

Probably why I do not care for drag racing, or drag race time trialing, albeit at least there you get to experience the accelerative g forces in a really quick car vs. just steady state high speeds on the highway. [wink]
Well this is a learning experience for me and yes I agree I like the twisties better. It's just easy to drive fast.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #43
Hey do you guys have any advice on where to autocross in or around SD so I can have some fun with the car legally. Also what gear do I need? Like do I need a helmet? I'm really not in the know about any of this and I've never done an autocross before. Also thank you for all the advice and from now on I'm going to keep it safe.

I get that, I'm lucky he ended up citing me for 80MPH 15MPH over the speed limit.
yeah i get it. i've hit 150ish in Mexico in my RX8 and know how easy it is to get up past 90mph banging through the gears in our Fiestas. just be careful b/c some troopers won't hesitate to throw the book at you and lawyering up will be a must and that bill is almost as bad as riding the public transit for 6 months

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, the barrister to take care of that will co$t way more than doing without a car for the suspension, and you would still have to pay the insanely exorbitant insurance company's requisite increase r**ping from the violation anyway, on top of the lawyer's fees. [:(]

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was extremely lucky a few years ago. Fwy was practically empty eastbound. Pulled out to overtake a slower vehicle and I was close to triple digits. Looked in my mirror and waaaaaaaaaaay back was a m/c cop.How he could have seen me following too close (something I never do especially going that fast}, so I slowed without braking and pulled over. He told me that I was speeding, making an unsafe lane change and following too close. He gave me a ticket for 80mph, but he was guessing because he never had time to clock me. I decided to fight it and got an attorney who went to Court for me. 6 months later I got a letter stating that the cop failed to turn up and my ticket was thrown out. I was lucky! I make it a habit of spending a lot of time looking in my rear view mirror as I do looking forwards and scanning. Forgot to add that the money spent on the attorney was a lot cheaper than the fine I probably would have got!

Last edited:
OP
agangel
Thread Starter #47
So I installed godspeed coilovers on my Fiesta today. The rear spring adjustment perch I put on top. I just watched a video where someone put the rear spring adjustment perch on the bottom... What is the correct orientation? Also did you guys reuse the rear spring coilovers pads?

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #48
The godspeed coilovers are in and function so far. The coilovers had a price tag of 675$ off Amazon and one of the cons of the kit is no instructions to indicate the orientation of the rear coil spring adjustment perch. In fact, no instructions came with the kit. Install went well with the only issue being that I snapped off the 5mm Allen in the sway bar end link nut. Bought a new end link at AutoZone and finished the install today. On the test drive I really didn't notice much of a difference from stock other than maybe less suspension travel and quicker rebound, but not by much. The look however is nice. Maybe 1'' lower all the way around gives it a nice aggressive stance like she's ready to party.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #51
I just installed the whoosh motorsports Rear Upper Coil Spring Pads and readjusted my godspeed coilovers. The stock ones seemed really flimsy. IMG_20230711_124557_309.jpg

They go squeaky squeaky :LOL:

It is a known issue they deteriorate quickly and start squeaking, polybushes are a good upgrade.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #53
Just upgraded the trans fluid using this little pump from Amazon, it fit perfectly on the bottle. Had to pump like 50xs per bottle but it was quick. Cheers to smoother shifts and faster drifts!!! Lol IMG_20230716_105329_931.jpg

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #54
So now I'm a proud owner of a eBay radiator. At the start of my build I decided to go the oil cooler route and I bought a name brand oil cooler, the Mishimoto. With in a year of it installed it rubbed through one of my AC lines. I had to replace the AC line and recharge the AC system because of that name brand product. Then one year after the oil cooler line started spitting oil everywhere. I had to totally remove it a go back to the stock oil cooler. Is name brand better sometime yes sometime no. Will this eBay rad hold up? Time will tell. But we need to remember these cars are like 20k new. If I had a 100k car my part selection and my build progression would probably be different.

OP
agangel
Thread Starter #55
IMG_20240413_200459_135.jpg

Just did a little night wrenching. Fresh oil, raised the front coilovers like 0.5inch as the track bar would hit everything. And gave her a nice wash, eBay radiator and Godspeed coilovers still solid and functioning well.