Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fifteen52 Releases Front Lip, Sills, Flares, & Wing Extension

dyn085

2000 Post Club
This is an incredibly well engineered little car, I just wish for it to be treated as such instead of a fadmobile for profit, damn the real performance enhancements.
Any company putting in the legitimate research to make widebody kits actually race-worthy in order to turn a profit on the consumer market would be throwing money into the wind. The majority of FiST customers don't want or have the financial ability to purchase a kit that would have that sort of labor involved. Hell, a lot of people don't want or can't come up with the money for a FMIC or a decent set of wheels.

That sounds more derogatory than intended, but the point is that the market most likely won't regenerate the cost. I doubt there's even enough of a market in the FoST community, which is substantially larger and grows larger by the day. The majority of those that would be willing to come off the money for a kit would probably be doing it for looks as opposed to an actual racing application and would therefore want to spend as little as possible on it.

It's a spirited daily driver, and I'm sure that 95%+ of owners use it and modify it as such. Quite honestly, I have a tough time seeing this trim being available for more than a few years on this platform. Just my opinion.

Anywho, a pic of my ST's as they sit right now-

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Maybe I am just honest in stating what I know to be true. The companies that make silly look at me, follow the crowd, over priced in some cases, parts when they could make the same parts properly would deserve the respect of real performance enthusiasts.

I like style as well and will do a few things for it but not BS pretend performance parts, may as well buy a turbo sound exhaust tip...

There are some borderline performance, or not, parts that do enhance the look of the car nicely and do not look like some wannabe fake racer, just nice looking things that help to make it a bit more personal, I am cool with that for those wanting such things, go right ahead, make them, buy them:)

--------------------

If they would just put material on the front of fender flares as there should be, make a splitter that ties into them, it would not be tough nor costly to do so and there might even be a market for it.

Real side skirts

Real wing (like RS clone)

Real diffuser (not super effective, not enough room for the size required but at least it would do something on the plus side)

It takes little more time or materials to make real parts versus pretend parts, I know as have made plenty of my own and bought tons of others.

LT Berzerker

I'd take the wing extension :) I'll leave the rest.... Just seems proportionally off.... Not as much thought put into this as the trackSTer... Just my $0.02

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Maybe I am just honest in stating what I know to be true. The companies that make silly look at me, follow the crowd, over priced in some cases, parts when they could make the same parts properly would deserve the respect of real performance enthusiasts.

I like style as well and will do a few things for it but not BS pretend performance parts, may as well buy a turbo sound exhaust tip...

There are some borderline performance, or not, parts that do enhance the look of the car nicely and do not look like some wannabe fake racer, just nice looking things that help to make it a bit more personal, I am cool with that for those wanting such things, go right ahead, make them, buy them:)

--------------------

If they would just put material on the front of fender flares as there should be, make a splitter that ties into them, it would not be tough nor costly to do so and there might even be a market for it.

Real side skirts

Real wing (like RS clone)

Real diffuser (not super effective, not enough room for the size required but at least it would do something on the plus side)

It takes little more time or materials to make real parts versus pretend parts, I know as have made plenty of my own and bought tons of others.
Hardly so. There's design and cad time, creating prototypes for test-fitting and testing, setup, wind-tunnel time, then all over again for adjustments and tweaks when the numbers don't meet what needs to be met-hardly anything that can be done correctly by a DIY'er in their garage. If we want 'true' race parts for the body, wind-tunnel is basically mandatory.

'The companies that make silly look at me, follow the crowd, over priced in some cases, parts' are the ones that are making the money because they get to grab what's near them, slap it on, sell units, and profit. They don't need the 'respect of true performance enthusiasts' because that's a niche crowd within a niche crowd. Look at how many Injen intakes have been sold and how they're played-up by vendors...

RS clone is not a real wing-it's a knock-off just like the ill-fitting RS clone for the FoST.

Look at how many 'real performance enthusiasts' have bought legitimate big-turbo upgrades and compare that to the number of those that bought bov spacers. Look at how many 'real performance enthusiasts' designed actual and effective spoilers and compare that to those that bought wing-risers. Compare the number of 'real performance enthusiasts' that dropped real money on racing wheels and compare it to the number of MR-125 and AG owners.

The majority of 'real performance enthusiasts' don't own a FiST, and those that do most likely use it as exactly what I've said it is-a sporty and fun daily, not a racecar. Most of those that I've known that actually took this car on the track said that it's fun, but they ultimately went back to their 'real performance enthusiast' roots and went back to driving 'real performance cars' on the track-but they use the FiST to save on gas while doing their weekly grind.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you take the "wing" extension (technically it is a spoiler extension since we do not have a wing on the car) and add a flat section of material from the start of the hatch to the tip of the extension to seal it up it would be more effective. How much so I do not know but the holes in the stock spoiler are not conducive to good flow with any mods, more so with a Guerney flap type mod, probably less so with this one.

LT Berzerker

Scale modeling is another viable option for a diy person and computer modeling for those that are tech savvy enough... Just a matter of how serious someone decides to get...

'real performance' is also limited by budget and practically... So for some the FiST is their 'real performance' vehicle. All about the individual and their means...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I do get pretty wound up about this stuff at times, more than I probably should. My excuse is a lifetime of modding cars and most if it on very little money so had to DIY most everything and make it work and make it look good because I cared about that as well. I have beaten so many cars that were bolt on and go, no real thought into it and now the market is full of stuff that just makes no sense to me, making and selling parts that make your car slower. Buying from companies that seem to only care about selling a fad just does not seem like they care about the customer, only about the money.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
That's just the style. They're not missing parts. This is the rocketbunny look.
^ This, and Rocket Bunny kits are highly sought after and utilized on many show cars.

Scale modeling is another viable option for a diy person and computer modeling for those that are tech savvy enough... Just a matter of how serious someone decides to get...

'real performance' is also limited by budget and practically... So for some the FiST is their 'real performance' vehicle. All about the individual and their means...
Don't get me wrong, it's not against the FiST or owners. What I'm saying is that, because of being limited by budget and practicality, most FiST owners just don't 'need' or can't afford the 'racing spec' that some seem to demand. Fast, durable, cheap-pick two. The FiST is a great car and I love it for what it is, but companies are going to make more money catering to peoples desires for looks over actual racing-spec needs, because most of the actual racers have different avenues to source parts.

Now that I'm in this thread, I see the spoiler extension. I like it.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Buying from companies that seem to only care about selling a fad just does not seem like they care about the customer, only about the money.
Businesses exist for the sole purpose of making money. They make what the majority of customers will buy, not what the minority want. If you want to change what they produce you have to change the market that's causing them to produce it-not the other way around.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am very glad there are true enthusiast companies out there making real performance parts. Most do not get very big, many barely survive, some get bigger and loose contact with what they started out as, only a few get big and stay true to their roots. We have some great ones making great parts for us and some just selling great parts others make, for those companies and individuals involved, I have the utmost respect and gratitude:)

------------

I hope the companies that are off on some of the tangents away from what this car is about read the posts some of us make about what they are offering as many do not care for what they are doing, which I am so glad to see here, thanks for the posts!

Haha im the only one not disappointed in the prices of the flares and stuff. i wouldn't buy the lip but that's cause its ugly to me. But the rest of this stuff is priced fine for what is is and who makes it to me.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Haha im the only one not disappointed in the prices of the flares and stuff. i wouldn't buy the lip but that's cause its ugly to me. But the rest of this stuff is priced fine for what is is and who makes it to me.
No, I'm not disappointed either. There are many other vehicles that would run significantly higher costs for similar parts, and it's not like these parts are being manufactured by some guy in his garage. 1552 has some of the longest lines for people wanting their parts, and that speaks very highly towards the parts. Obviously there will be people that can't afford or don't want to support them, but considering the caliber of people and companies that they work with and alongside I think their parts are reasonably priced for the customers that they prefer to cater to.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am not familiar with the quality of what they build but at least if they do that right then I am OK with the prices as I have had good, bad and in the middle quality parts, price not always dependent, much better to pay extra for quality, especially in body parts. Now if the function was right on.......

I am not familiar with the quality of what they build but at least if they do that right then I am OK with the prices as I have had good, bad and in the middle quality parts, price not always dependent, much better to pay extra for quality, especially in body parts. Now if the function was right on.......
you can modify them to make them more functional.

you can even add canards behind the fog light area to push air away from the tire to reduce drag.

Can't say I like any of these parts but what I am looking forward to from fifteen52 are the Front Cup Spoilers. They've said they are coming soon and I think they look amazing on the Focus ST so I'll more than likely be buying them when they're released!

Can't say I like any of these parts but what I am looking forward to from fifteen52 are the Front Cup Spoilers. They've said they are coming soon and I think they look amazing on the Focus ST so I'll more than likely be buying them when they're released!
Cup spoilers are coming soon. We weren't happy with the final design so we are re-doing them...again. Fully understand how people are reacting to the pricing on the items and some of it is fair feedback. What a lot of people have to remember is that what we create is made in the US (as in right in LA) NON OVERLAY carbon fiber parts. Most of the parts created for the Fiesta/focus market are fiberglass with carbon layed over the top. This is where your $399 carbon fiber hoods come from that are as heavy as stock and more fragile. Our CF is dry and vacuum formed which is lighter and stronger (the actual point of CF). The other thing to keep in mind is that if you were looking at the same parts for an EVO or STI our prices are right in line, I fully get that the price point for the Fiesta ST is significantly lower but we think its just as viable of a market for enthusiasts which is why we created parts for it. Lastly, there really is no one making aero parts for the Fiesta aside from triple r and some ebay companies.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!
dallas@wearefifteen52.com

LT Berzerker

Cup spoilers are coming soon. We weren't happy with the final design so we are re-doing them...again. Fully understand how people are reacting to the pricing on the items and some of it is fair feedback. What a lot of people have to remember is that what we create is made in the US (as in right in LA) NON OVERLAY carbon fiber parts. Most of the parts created for the Fiesta/focus market are fiberglass with carbon layed over the top. This is where your $399 carbon fiber hoods come from that are as heavy as stock and more fragile. Our CF is dry and vacuum formed which is lighter and stronger (the actual point of CF). The other thing to keep in mind is that if you were looking at the same parts for an EVO or STI our prices are right in line, I fully get that the price point for the Fiesta ST is significantly lower but we think its just as viable of a market for enthusiasts which is why we created parts for it. Lastly, there really is no one making aero parts for the Fiesta aside from triple r and some ebay companies.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!
dallas@wearefifteen52.com
1 question: when is the group buy ;)