Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Filling the FiST with fuel

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #22
First off, OCD doesn't just "kick-in" unless it's comorbid with schizophrenia, in which case you wouldn't really "know" that it kicks in. Sorry, but it's offensive when people say things like "I'm so ADD!" Or "OMG, I get so OCD about that."

You wouldn't say "oh, my cancer 'kicked-in'" if you didn't have cancer would you? Unless you've been medically diagnosed please try to refrain from using psychological issues as metaphor. Thanks.

Second, Dave has good points. He usually just mucks about nowadays making "dad jokes" but he's right on the money here.
First, I have diagnosed OCD and anxiety. I say "kicks in" because it's one of my "must have in my routine" things or I obsess about it all day (in my head). It's a play on words. Add it to my obsessive hand washing, checking 20 times if I turned off the oven, and making sure everything is an even number or the world is going to melt down. I try to be light hearted about it so I don't obsess over it as being "sick." Thanks for being a condescending ass though. I always appreciate it on the Internet, like you telling me what I can and can't say affects me in some way.

Anyway, how this turned in to a discussion about Evap systems, I have no idea. People have different ideas of what "topping off" is. I'm not talking about cramming as much gas as I can in the tank. I am talking about topping off the dollar amount by giving it a few extra clicks, and it's usually 4 at the most. I have been pumping gas longer than some of you have owned a car, and I've never had a charcoal canister go bad or a car stall from doing this. I always leave the filler in for 10 seconds (I count to 10) after pumping and this car still leaks fuel on the ground even after 2 clicks. It's the only car I've ever had that does this.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
First, I have diagnosed OCD and anxiety. I say "kicks in" because it's one of my "must have in my routine" things or I obsess about it all day (in my head). It's a play on words. Add it to my obsessive hand washing, checking 20 times if I turned off the oven, and making sure everything is an even number or the world is going to melt down. I try to be light hearted about it so I don't obsess over it as being "sick." Thanks for being a condescending ass though. I always appreciate it on the Internet, like you telling me what I can and can't say affects me in some way.

Anyway, how this turned in to a discussion about Evap systems, I have no idea. People have different ideas of what "topping off" is. I'm not talking about cramming as much gas as I can in the tank. I am talking about topping off the dollar amount by giving it a few extra clicks, and it's usually 4 at the most. I have been pumping gas longer than some of you have owned a car, and I've never had a charcoal canister go bad or a car stall from doing this. I always leave the filler in for 10 seconds (I count to 10) after pumping and this car still leaks fuel on the ground even after 2 clicks. It's the only car I've ever had that does this.
Wow... It's unfortunate you took it that way. Im diagnosed as ADHD-combined and social anxiety disorder... That's why I took offense. People make these jokes out of ignorance and insensitivity, and that bugs me. So, I inserted my opinion. No where did I insult you, and Id appreciate it if you'd return that level of respect regardless of the content of your words.

Pay with a CC, get gas 5% off, don't concern yourself with the price on the pump

Etyrnus

MY comments on the EVAP system and charcoal canister were in reference to how/why I stopped rounding at the pump. It happened on a Neon I used to own repeatedly, until I stopped rounding, even a couple of cents (it was a Dodge, go figure).

Pay with a CC, get gas 5% off, don't concern yourself with the price on the pump
You get gas 5% off if paying with a card? Is that one of the gas cards or a normal CC? Here in vegas its up to 10 cents cheaper per gallon if paying with cash.

You get gas 5% off if paying with a card? Is that one of the gas cards or a normal CC? Here in vegas its up to 10 cents cheaper per gallon if paying with cash.
Here in Oklahoma, many stations have their own CC you can sign up for to get discounts on gas...it's usually only 5 cents a gallon or a percentage of cash back. Some of the bigger truck stops on major highways do have cheaper cash rates.

And I do enjoy cheaper prices than most places in the US [neener]

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #32
Wow... It's unfortunate you took it that way. Im diagnosed as ADHD-combined and social anxiety disorder... That's why I took offense. People make these jokes out of ignorance and insensitivity, and that bugs me. So, I inserted my opinion. No where did I insult you, and Id appreciate it if you'd return that level of respect regardless of the content of your words.
Alright, I feel like we got off on the wrong foot here. My response has been bugging me for days, knowing I should have responded differently and in no way do I feel making enemies here over semantics or tones that are misunderstood on the internet.

I apologize for snapping and becoming a douche. Sometimes I get a little touchy on the subject when it comes up.

And there's no heated argument here. Just a misunderstanding.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Alright, I feel like we got off on the wrong foot here. My response has been bugging me for days, knowing I should have responded differently and in no way do I feel making enemies here over semantics or tones that are misunderstood is the right way to go.

I apologize for snapping and becoming a douche. Sometimes I get a little touchy on the subject when it comes up.

And there's no heated argument here. Just a misunderstanding.
Agreed, no argument here. I get a little touchy too, mang. So I understand. I didn't mean to offend which is why I inserted an "if" disclaimer.

The salliemae MasterCard by Barclay's is 5% back on gas, groceries, and amazon. Only on like $250 of each category monthly, then 1% on everything.

PhoenixM3

Yes,
This is why there are signs and instructions as to NOT top off your tank.

This all started some years ago when vented gas caps were stopped being used.
The EVAP system was added to emission controls.
The plan is to not allow hydrocarbons to just evaporate out of cars.

However people still like to top off their tanks.
The problem is that the EVAP system is now the means by witch air is allowed back into your tank.
Without that air returning into the tank, the fuel pump cannot draw the fuel out and your car can stall.

The next issue is that continued topping off will fill and destroy the charcoal canister.
I have replaced many of these as a Smog Tech. and they are not cheep or covered by warranty if damaged by topping off.

I have never heard of any kind od dump system as this would defeat the purpose.
Some cars do back surge more easily than others.

Sorry, I didn't mean to bore you.

Dave
Witch air is bad! [wink]